Wildblue Bundling with DISH--starts today, Oct 9?

Today's Oct 19 and the CSR contradicted what was told me last week--i.e., NO BUNDLING with Wildblue as of today. She said check back in a couple of months.

What I am wondering is, if you are a NEW Wildblue customer, do you get a discount, while current customers don't get that--if anyone orders WildBlue with DISH, today or later, what monthly prices are you quoted?

If they are NOT bundling, what is the reason anyone would sign up for Wild BLue through DISH--is there a break on the installation and equipment cost or?

Nothing that I am hearing from my sources yet say that there is going to be any price break for Wildblue through Dish.. And they also are still telling me it will be at least January before Dish can get into the Wildblue business. Monthly prices/packages are scheduled to be the same with Dish as with Just going through Wildblue.. I don't think that this was ever intended to be anything for Dish other than a way to entice people into getting Dish by having a broadband option for the rural area. Which is great.. But you don't have to wait to get Wildblue from Dish.

But then this is all subject to change at any moment..

Is there a map somewhere that shows the beams?
A friend of mine is thinking of getting it (since there's no DSL or Cable where he is, and he already gets Dish), but not sure what beam York County is on.
http://www.wildblue.cc/faqs.htm

Bottom of the page. The beam locations are approximate. The beams overlap quite a bit. If you are near an 'edge' you can be assigned to an adjacent beam.

Talon Dancer

Last edited:
> High Pings - Prevents you from using VOIP
---- my vonage works fine

> Limited Downloading - They cut your service way back once you reach a limit.
---- don't download DVDs and complete audio cd's. It is fine for everyday browsing and regular program downloading.

> Router issue - if you do not properly set the proxy server on the computers behind the router, WB will not work properly. Use a Linux Firewall distro like IPCOP and it works fine.

I had Starband, DirecWay, and Wildblue, and Wildblue is by far the better of the three. I installed 8 starband's here and everyone dumped them for Direcway, and now 5 of them have went to WildBlue and love it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)