wildblue install

chris-czn

Original poster
Apr 24, 2006
Does anyone know if you can use an accutrac 22 pro sat finder to align a wildblue dish? We're not getting any readings on the meter, but I've used it for other installs, no problem.

I know you can use them but you need to first be certified and you will find out you need the block type device that goes inline. I think it is like the 22k tone block that goes inline for Hughes installs but I don't know what it is called.

The Tate said:
I know you can use them but you need to first be certified and you will find out you need the block type device that goes inline. I think it is like the 22k tone block that goes inline for Hughes installs but I don't know what it is called.

For Wildblue it's called an APA - Antenna Pointing Aid. Settings are from 1-8. WB instllation paperwork tells you which setting to use. What it does is block out all but the necessary frequency range for the beam in which you are installing, to assist the installer from locking on a wrong satellite.

The lack of an APA would not prevent one from getting any signal. In fact, the opposite would occur - you'll get signal readings from just about any satellite you come accross. I'm not familiar with the accutrac 22 - are you sure it works with ka-band?

Yes you can use the accutrac 22, for WB as long as you have the APA, and know what setting to put it on. Without the APA you'll be lost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts