WildBlue questions

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
My best friend and his wife are looking to get satellite internet. I've recommended WildBlue based on the recommendations by people here. They live in rural East Texas. The closest dealer however is a good 2 hours away or so. Is there a national number he could call to get set up or does he have to wait until a closer dealer pops up?

Neutron said:
My best friend and his wife are looking to get satellite internet. I've recommended WildBlue based on the recommendations by people here. They live in rural East Texas. The closest dealer however is a good 2 hours away or so. Is there a national number he could call to get set up or does he have to wait until a closer dealer pops up?

We have a similar situation here in Kentucky. The closest NRTC provider is 100 mi. away. They will sell WildBlue outside their area, however, and your friends should check with their closest NRTC member to see if this is the case in TX. There are two reasons for this: 1) they may be able to get their service before September and 2) they shouldn't have to pay for the installation. NRTC members are setting it up for just the price of the equipment ($299), but if they wait for WildBlue, they'll pay for both the equipment and the installation ($200-300). We're on the NRTC waiting list of 60, and we'll have to pay travel charges, but here, those charges will be much less than the installation. Good luck to your friends and you. Unfortunately, I'm a new member of the forum, so I can't provide the URL, but you should be able to find it with a Google search using the following keywords.

NRTC WildBlue dealer locator

I am an installer for a local member of the NRTC. NRTC has the rights to install Wildblue until September. If you want it now, you have to go through a NRTC member at this time. I would recommend them if you are stuck on dialup connection. DSL I think would be better but for some folks it's not an option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)