wildfeed, newsfeeds and/or backhaul hunting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Looking for links with lists and stuff - figured it wouldn't hurt to start a thread...

There's several yahoo groups that have listings. Just go to groups.yahoo.com and do a search for fta, wildfeeds, and satellite, and backhaul.

Google is useful too, but most of the lists I've found on there are pretty old, and for good reason - if the stuff's too public, it gets encrypted, which is why the What's up there area is there...

The other day, before I had that weird thing happened to my pansat with the lnb type: warning, I was finding a lot of newsfeeds and stuff.

One question for anyone who's been doing this sort of stuff for a while, if you manually load "all" the tps on any one bird listed on lyngsat will that give you "all" the tps that exist on that satellite, and more importantly, if so and you get a channel tied to a certain tp/sr combo will the receiver be able to pull in any future channels that just happen to show up on that tp/sr combo automatically for that "channel" or will you have to blind scan each tp again to pick up the channels on that tp/sr combo again, if say they change the name of the channel but transmit on the same tp/sr?

Basically what I'm asking is if you find some newsfeed channel one day, it dissappears after an hour or so, and then someone else broadcasts on the same tp/sr a few days later, will the receiver pick up the new channel as the old channel or will you need to rescan to pick it up?

Basically what I'm asking is if you find some newsfeed channel one day, it dissappears after an hour or so, and then someone else broadcasts on the same tp/sr a few days later, will the receiver pick up the new channel as the old channel or will you need to rescan to pick it up?
if the PIDS match too, then yes

but the frequency, polarity, symbol rate and PIDS (video/audio/pcr) have to match. If the same company is using the frequencies, then it probably will match

"There's several yahoo groups that have listings. Just go to groups.yahoo.com and do a search for fta, wildfeeds, and satellite, and backhaul."

Backhaul has been around since the mid-90's on telelists and then came over to egroups and now yahoogroups in 1998.

"Google is useful too, but most of the lists I've found on there are pretty old, and for good reason - if the stuff's too public, it gets encrypted, which is why the What's up there area is there..."

There's 2 ways this can go obviously. If the company doing the uplink asked people to stop posting the feeds in public places then that might work or it can be ignored by those that post and they will continue to post the feeds and they will go encrypted someday. I haven't seen any feeds encrypt except for PPV feeds and that's sometimes...if the individual stations of the networks thank the posters for posting then is encryption on the horizon?

"One question for anyone who's been doing this sort of stuff for a while, if you manually load "all" the tps on any one bird listed on lyngsat will that give you "all" the tps that exist on that satellite, and more importantly, if so and you get a channel tied to a certain tp/sr combo will the receiver be able to pull in any future channels that just happen to show up on that tp/sr combo automatically for that "channel" or will you have to blind scan each tp again to pick up the channels on that tp/sr combo again, if say they change the name of the channel but transmit on the same tp/sr?"

There are alot of feeds on lyngsat that are very old and haven't been updated..some in years..network news feeds/news feeds from stations pretty much use the same transponders and sr all the time. If you see the signal meter light up but you have no picture then you have to rescan to get the new feed as the Pids have changed as Tony has mentioned. I don't have a blind scan receiver (it would take the fun out of it for me), but every feed that is downloaded on the receivers stays on the receivers for me to check next time I'm around the receivers to see if there's another feed there. I save my channels by satellite then by horizontal and vertical on each satellite. On the DMT 1000 receiver, I have about 650 slots/channels/feed spots saved to look for next time on ku band and about 50 on c-band. You can save up to 128 feeds per satellite name. I have that on SBS 6 and did on AMC 9 until recently. The DMT 1000 can tell me when I'm close to a feed if the SR is wrong, so I keep changing the SR and freq until I find it if I come across a new one. The Quali-TV receiver has over 100 saved on ku and about 50 on c-band right now...that receiver causes them to get all mixed up on downloads sometimes..which takes about a 1/2 hour to fix about twice a week, so I don't save too many channels on that receiver.

yep...

I did notice that a LOT of the pids on Lyngsat... Can you enter PIDs on a Pansat 3500SD? I think it just gives the option to change Frequency, SR, and polarity. I assumed polarity on tps was always what was listed on Lyngsat. If that's not the case would you have to load both v and h for each frequency/sr combo to get em all. I uh, probably won't go that far in depth with this but imagine some might?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts