Will a 622 work for me?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dolfan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I have one coax run from the dp34 to the receiver, two dishes one for 110 and 119 and one for 61.5, and one coax from my OTA antanna to the receiver. I only want to record off OTA while watching satellite or vice versa. Will a 622 work for me without running more cable?

You will need to run and 2nd coal cable from the DP-34 switch to your dual-tuner (2 satellite tuners) ViP-622 ~OR~ replace your DP-34 switch with a DPP-44 switch, in which case one coax will support the two satellite tuner 622 using the supplied combiner.

If HD LIL is available in your area, then perhaps you can just run both coax to your satellite tuners and forget about OTA. I would never recommend this option since you would be a) losing use of the OTA tuner and b) OTA is generally superior in quality to the HD LIL.

riffjim4069 said:
You will need to run and 2nd coal cable from the DP-34 switch to your dual-tuner (2 satellite tuners) ViP-622 ~OR~ replace your DP-34 switch with a DPP-44 switch, in which case one coax will support the two satellite tuner 622 using the supplied combiner.

If HD LIL is available in your area, then perhaps you can just run both coax to your satellite tuners and forget about OTA. I would never recommend this option since you would be a) losing use of the OTA tuner and b) OTA is generally superior in quality to the HD LIL.

Riff,

Remember a set of Diplexors can be used with a Single Feed in the case of a DPP44, or you could run another cable from your current DP34 and diplex either feed for Satellite Tuner 1 or Satellite Tuner 2, so you could feed both satellite tuners from the DP34 as well as carry your Local OTA HD channels.

John

So the 622 won't tune in OTA with one tuner and record satellite on the other or vice versa? My OTA antenna coax runs direct to the receiver as does the coax from the dp34. So I do have 2 coax. One satellite and one OTA. No I do not get HD locals in West Palm yet. I don't need them as my antenna works great.

Dolfan said:
So the 622 won't tune in OTA with one tuner and record satellite on the other or vice versa? My OTA antenna coax runs direct to the receiver as does the coax from the dp34. So I do have 2 coax. One satellite and one OTA. No I do not get HD locals in West Palm yet. I don't need them as my antenna works great.

You can record one OTA and two satellite at the same time.

As for the coax - You need two coming from the DP34. So that would be a total of three. Two for the satellite receivers and one for the OTA receiver.

As for the coax - You need two coming from the DP34. So that would be a total of three. Two for the satellite receivers and one for the OTA receiver.[/QUOTE]

So the 622 does not work if you only have one satellite feed and one OTA antenna feed and no DPP44? Dish made this receiver like that?

Dolfan said:
So the 622 does not work if you only have one satellite feed and one OTA antenna feed and no DPP44? Dish made this receiver like that?

Yes, that is how the receiver was designed. You will need at minimum of two coax satellite feeds when using a DP34 switch in order for the receive to operate. The OTA coax feed is optional, but if you use it you can record up to three shows at once (Two satellite & one OTA). With the DPP44 switch, you can use one satellite feed to the receiver, if you are using the separator.

My question is similar. I have one coax from the dishes to the receiver that I'd like to diplex with an OTA coax before it runs through the house to the receiver, then separate at the receiver. Then, use a splitter on the satellite feed to attach to SAT 1 & 2. Is that an acceptable installation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)