Will a 722 reciever work with a Dish 500?

jleelacey

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
East Central, Ga
Long story short: I have a Dish Network account and additional receivers I have been using at my lakehouse (Dish 500), one town over- yes, on the same account, as far as Dish knows I'm paying for all those recievers at one house, but hey, I am paying for them.

Anyway....I upgraded to the 1000.4 HD at my residence and got a new 722 reciever for the lakehouse. Will the 722 work with my Dish 500 or will I have to have another 1000.4 at the lakehouse?

My Dish 500 had previously been hooked up to a 625 and was getting satellites 110 and 119

When I hooked up my 722 receiver to the Dish 500 it seemed to want to find 72, 77, and 61.5- I think. It went through all the test, etc- Set up, Installation, Point Dish, etc. When all was said and done it said something was obstructing. I could view nothing.

Do I just need to reposition the Dish 500 or is this never going to work with the 722? I know it's not going to give me HD channels, but I don't need them at the lakehouse I would, however, want to get all my locals.

Any help for positioning the Dish 500 or the 1000.4 would be greatly appreciated.

If the D500 is already installed properly just hook it up to the 722 and run the check switch. It will find 110 & 119. When you go back home you'll need to redo check switch

Since you already used a 625 at the lakehouse the connections are the same (2 lines from LNB or one with the separator if using a DishProPlus Twin)

You wont get much HD on it.

Another option is to reaim the D500 at 61.5 & 72. The signal will be a smidge lower than what the 1000.4 gets but would work

Coming home and do "Check Switch" each time would definitely not be preferable. We are back and forth a lot and often I'm at the lake while the rest of the family is at home. Reaiming the 500 to 72 and 61.5 would be the way to go. Any suggestions on how to do that? I can get an extra 1000.4 for about $60. I don't have an HD set at the lake, but just need a good excuse to get one. Either way, I have never mounted or set up the actual dish and could use help.

I may not have stated this correctly. The 722 is staying at the lakehouse. I'm not transferring back and forth. With that in mind, would I still have to run "Check Switch" each time like you mentioned above?

If the receiver is staying there you would only have to run the check switch one time. Once you get the sats locked in you are good to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)