Will a Dish Pro Plus LNB work along with new circular LNB for 118.7 ?

f13dfx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
The reason I'm asking is so that I can just run the 1 RG6 cable into my house from the dish to my 622 and still make use of the DPP separator to split the signal for the 622's dual tuners.

Also, is there a new version of the DPP that can pickup all 118.7 and 119 channels?

Thanks in advance to those who reply!

Also, is there a new version of the DPP that can pickup all 118.7 and 119 channels?
There isn't an integrated LNB assembly. The 500+ or 1000+ requires a DPP44 for single cable service to a DPP capable receiver and if you need one for your subscription, DISH should provide it for free.

Self-installing is overrated.

The reason I'm asking is so that I can just run the 1 RG6 cable into my house from the dish to my 622 and still make use of the DPP separator to split the signal for the 622's dual tuners.

Thanks in advance to those who reply!

The Dish 500plus lnb is a DPP lnb and is the one you need to maintain compatablility. Secondary source lnbs that you see on the internet for 118.7 are legacy style and can not be mixed with other DPP lnbs. The single (waveguide and scaler) 500plus lnb assembly has two separate DPP outputs, one for 119 and the other for 118.7. That is the reason it needs a DPP multiswitch in line before feeding your settop box. The DPP 44 switch accepts 4 satellite inputs. The newer DPP 34 ( if I recall the model number correctly) accepts 3 satellite inputs.

man, some of the info in this thread is just plain WRONG.

IF you have a Dish 500 with a Dish Pro Plus Twin onsite pointed at 119/110, AND you have a Dish 500Plus (or 1000 plus for that matter) onsite pointed at the 118.7, you can easily run a cable from that 500 plus LNB (from the 1F port) (which happens to be DISH PRO Lnb BTW), to the IN port of that Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB. You then get 3 sats thru a dish pro plus switch allowing the use of a DPP seperator.

A Dish Network PLUS dish ironically are not dish pro PLUS dishes. they are fitted with DISHPRO Lnbs and the switch installed determines what the receiver wire can carry.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)