Will A Dishnet 1000 Dish Work Wih The Hopper?

Bornbroke

Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
I want to set up a Dishnet Dish at my camping site (private). I have a Dish 1000 dish from a previous system. I want to know will this dish work with the Hopper? I have a SOLO NODE 185834 that I was told I would need. The dish does have 3 LNB'S. If this dish will not work, what will I need?

if I take the hopper from the house?

Yeah, the solo Hopper node requires DPP outputs. If your Dish 1000 has DP LNBs, then this is getting pretty gnarly but you could plug those 3 into a DPP33, and from there two cables to the solo node, and finally one 3GHz cable to your Hopper. :eek:

I want to set up a Dishnet Dish at my camping site (private). I have a Dish 1000 dish from a previous system. I want to know will this dish work with the Hopper? I have a SOLO NODE 185834 that I was told I would need. The dish does have 3 LNB'S. If this dish will not work, what will I need?if I take the hopper from the house?

I'll try and get a picture tomorrow! Thanks

if I take the hopper from the house?

Sounds loike a DPP1000 with the dual LNBF for 119/110 and a single LNBF for 129. Works fine with a Hopper and that is what I have for a ground dish.

The switch in the dual takes the single from the single and combines it.

Here are four examples of Dish 1000
DISH1000.jpg DISH1000_with_DPPlusTwin.jpg Dish1000_2.jpg Dish1000_4.jpg
All but the first will work fine connected directly to the node. The first one would have to have DishPro LNBs (not legacy), and would need a switch, either a DPP33 or a DPP44 between the LNBs and the node.

34 is a DP technology and will not work with hopper. You need DPP 33 or DPP 44 as mentioned earlier, if you need a switch at all.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If the lnb's are DP, change the DP34 switch for a DPP33 or DPP44 and then run two lines to the single node. The line for the Hopper gets connected to the host out on the node and any Joeys to the client. If the lnb's are DPP (which I doubt you have), remove the DP34 switch and run two lines from the dish to the node. Outputs from node to receivers would be the same.

It sounds like you have the 1 with the 3 seperate lnbs at the end right? Each lnb is only picking up 1 orbital so you will need a dpp switch (33 or 44) then connect that to the node. But honestly i try to keep the system as simple as possible. If you can get your hands on a 1000.2 that will makes things work much better

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Perhaps, you could not post picture because when you started you had less than 5 posts. You do now.
-Ken
I have a former Dishnet guy coming over next week to help me out. Thanks everybody for your help, I'll let you know what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)