Will a Y-yoke adapter work on an 18" dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

f13dfx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Will the Y-yoke twin lnb adapter work for an 18" (Dish300) dish? Will it be able to pull in 110 and 119?

TIA :)

NO the dish dosen't have the back plate to set the skew. If you can mount the back plate and the "Y" adapter on an 18" dish it would work but the signal would be weaker than the 20" dish 500 would capture.

Will the Y-yoke twin lnb adapter work for an 18" (Dish300) dish? Will it be able to pull in 110 and 119?

TIA :)

F13,

No, it won't work for several reasons; 1) a standard 18 inch dish does NOT have a skew setting 2) The smaller reflective surface is NOT big enough to gather enough signal for TWO orbital slots 3) The the biggest reason the "Yoke adaptor" would take the LNBF's installed on it outside of the focal point of the Dish's Reflector.

Dish 500's can be found for little money.

John

F13,

No, it won't work for several reasons; 1) a standard 18 inch dish does NOT have a skew setting 2) The smaller reflective surface is NOT big enough to gather enough signal for TWO orbital slots 3) The the biggest reason the "Yoke adaptor" would take the LNBF's installed on it outside of the focal point of the Dish's Reflector.

Dish 500's can be found for little money.

John
#2 Actually the 18" dish reflector will work in North Texas. I had a damaged 20" reflector and a good 18" so I swapped them and it does work. Signal strength was lower but that was expected. I used the backing plate for the dish 500 so the focal distance was pretty much accurate, if I had used the standard feed support the "Y" adapter would have put the focal point way off.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)