will all analog be gone at end of year?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
i was wondering if all the feeds will be out too at the end of the year. i think the analog feeds are still going strong, in the mornings at times t6 has 15 tps of feeds,and 8 or 9 g4 feeds,as well as the t5 and g3 feeds. i have spotted 70 different analog feed tps on analog. i will miss it when its gone.

highly unlikely. Remember most of this stuff is syndicated so the TV stations may not have the equipment if they change.

Our local fox in Duluth, MN most of their syndicated stuff and religious stuff is from the analog feeds :)

edit:Lets see how close I am...our local fox (KQDS)..this is from using Titan TV & the Wild feed list
6:00 Shephards Chapel....yep
7:00 First Business....yep
8:00 According to Jim...no
8:30 Malcolm...yep
9:00 Paid Programs
10:00 Divorce Court...yep
10:30 Christina's COurt..yep
11:00 Paid Programs
11:30 Judge Alex...yep
12:00 Dr Keith...no
1:00 Paid Programs
1:30 Malcom...yep
2:00 Tyra...nope (sort of...its 4:2:2 digital)
3:00 Paid Programs
3:30 Divorce Court..yep
4:00 People's Court..nope (sort of...its 4:2:2 digital)
5:00 Simpsoons..nope
5:30 King of Hill...yep
6:00 Fraiser..nope
6:30 According to Jim...nope
7:00 FOX Prime Time

so its 10 yep 6 nope :)

Last edited:
i hope not. i only watch a few shows at times like wwe raw,malcolm,and springer. most of my viewing is the crazy feeds and the sports backhauls. i havent seen the same feeds on digital. to me the best feeds are on analog. i love digital but i like the analog setup better. i might be one of a few people that feel that way.

I was told all analog will be gone by 2009. I can't see how that can happen. But of course they have been telling us that analog is ending for how many years now.

The analog subscription VCII channels will most probably be all gone by the end of the year or some time next year, the analog wild feeds will probably stay around for a while.

OTA will be analog by February 09. The Government is suppossed to give you a digital to analog converter when that happens for free... congress is doing a lot of bickering about that to see if they've set aside enough money to give free converters to everyone that needs it... I suspect they may work it in to a tax break somehow if they don't have enough money since cost of converters are suppossed to be in the 30-50 dollar range.

The FCC's Twelfth Annual Report (2006) has this statement concerning removing all analog video from C Band satellites (page 43, para 82):
-------------------------------------------------------------
82. In March 2005, the Commission issued a notice of proposed rulemaking concerning technical changes to its earth station rules, including a proposal to prohibit analog video transmission in the C-band, with a one-year transition period. This proceeding is pending.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know the status of of this proposal? I know many channels are moving to digital formats. Couldn't find anything on their website. Have fun.

i think the oil companies are in charge of gas pricing (government does shove their tax in tho). shoot, I wish the government would regulate the gas prices (maybe not!) but around election time, gas would be cheap :D

"analog transmission in the C-Band" boy i like that kinda talk :p

It will be a sad day indeed when analog C band ends. Aside from the wild feeds it's also useful for dish pointing. The analog feeds come in handy when you pick a known transponder and move the dish until you hit it.

82. In March 2005, the Commission issued a notice of proposed rulemaking concerning technical changes to its earth station rules, including a proposal to prohibit analog video transmission in the C-band, with a one-year transition period. This proceeding is pending.
Wonder if this means all the stuff on cband will come over the the ku and open a lot more fta channels on the ku side?

analog is dead got a few channels out there but not much kinda sucks for people that still has analog . looks like they'd bring it back but there not

Analog is not "Dead", it's "Obsolete"! Why pay for 16-24 Transponders with one channel on each, when you can pay for 2 Transponders and get all 16-24 channels on the 2 Transponders?

Al

Analog is not "Dead", it's "Obsolete"! Why pay for 16-24 Transponders with one channel on each, when you can pay for 2 Transponders and get all 16-24 channels on the 2 Transponders?

Al
I haven't really paid attention/thought much about this before, but can you get the same number of c-band digital channels on a transponder as you can ku-band digital?

sure you can...look at some of the 4DTV channels..they fit just as much on a transponder as KU does.

But Al has a good point. Analog is 1:1. 1 TP-1 channel...digital you can fit a heckuva lot more on it. Thats why some religious channels (World Harvest for example) went to digital. Then they could put 3 video and 12 audio channels on one TP :)

Dr Gene Scott's ministry is still up on C-Band analog, as well as Ku Digital, right? That Analog C-Band feed must have cost that ministry millions in uplink fees over the years..

yep Doc Scott has been on both C & KU for probably 10 years...on C_Band for god knows how long.

Now you know why they need to "git on the telephone"...they gotta pay for it somehow ;)

At this very moment, my Ku dish and Fortec receiver are tuned to Dr Scott's channel :) His show is entertaining and informative at the same time. I used to watch him occasionally in the late 1980's on C-Band.. I used to use his signal for tuning in the Westar 2 (I think) satellite back in those days.. Analog signals are easier to find than digital stuff, so to see analog go away will be sad..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)