Will all new HD be 129 only?

I used the tool and it said eastern arc 1000.4 dish. Makes me wonder why the local installer I called today recommended installing a 1000.2 along with my existing 61.5 side dish.

That is fine for your situation. You have all then new HD off of 129 and 61.5 allows you to get locals for your area as well, if they are off of 61.5. You should be future proofed. You have the best of eastern and western arc. Besides if you take the multi sport pack you would get all the rsns off both arcs.

That is fine for your situation. You have all then new HD off of 129 and 61.5 allows you to get locals for your area as well, if they are off of 61.5. You should be future proofed. You have the best of eastern and western arc. Besides if you take the multi sport pack you would get all the rsns off both arcs.

This is Dish Network you are talking about.. There is no such thing as future proof.. Since '96 the dish setup has changed about as fast as I have changed wives.. :)

If your locals are on 129, then get Western Arc, unlesss you can get your locals from an antenna. If you have a good OTA signal, it doesn't matter.

My DMA says I am on the WA. However my SD locals are on 110 and my HD locals are on 61.5......What to do...129 is @ 18 deg (only get about 25 for a signal)

So from what I have been reading, this applies to specifically where you are located? I live in the Mpls/St. Paul (minnesota) area and was thinking on going with Dish, but was concered of this too. Will they come out and install and I am done, or will they need to be putting 10 dishes on my house? I am a bit confused. I just want the basic America 120, but will be getting HD and want my local HD, it seems the people I have seen in Minnesota have no issues getting one dish, correct?

So from what I have been reading, this applies to specifically where you are located? I live in the Mpls/St. Paul (minnesota) area and was thinking on going with Dish, but was concered of this too. Will they come out and install and I am done, or will they need to be putting 10 dishes on my house? I am a bit confused. I just want the basic America 120, but will be getting HD and want my local HD, it seems the people I have seen in Minnesota have no issues getting one dish, correct?

You'll likely get a single dish. MSP is on both arcs so you could go either way. MSP is an eastern arc market so the default would be a 1000.4 for 61.5/72.7/77. If there's no line of sight, you may get a 1000.2 for the western arc, 110/119/129. It is possible, due to line of sight issues, you could end up with two dishes to be able to receive the necessary satellite positions.

I had 110,119 & 61.5. The installer said I could not get 129 in my area, but put 2 LNB's on my 61.5 dish, so now my 61.5 Dish gets both 61.5 and 72.7. Still the same amount of Dish's for me.

This is interesting. You are missing 77 from EA; do you lose channels? What does 77 have that someone might want?

I say this because I have your setup as well and the easiest thing would be to just add another LNB to the 61.5 dish.

This is interesting. You are missing 77 from EA; do you lose channels? What does 77 have that someone might want?

I say this because I have your setup as well and the easiest thing would be to just add another LNB to the 61.5 dish.

77 sat has pay per views, cd music channels and locals on conus beam. Most of the other main channels are on 72.7 now. With mpeg 4 they can fit much more on one transponder than with mpeg 2 on western arc. Thus the reason why they need both 110 & 119 to do all the national channels. With mpeg 4 they are putting about 8 hd channels on a transponder and about 20 sd channels on a transponder. More efficient bandwith usage and no difference in pq. In fact in my opinion the sd looks better in mpeg 4 on eastern arc than mpeg 2 does on western arc.

My take on things...not a rumor....just my opinion. The HD will not be moved over from 72.7 to 61.5 anytime soon. It is obvious they are trying to get rid of the mixed EA/WA setups.

According to the installer who hooked me up with EA the other day, he said that there is no more room on 61.5 and that as a result, there will no longer be upgraded HD channels on that sat. He also added that everyone knows this is a problem as many people cannot get EA, so he said we all just have to wait and see what Charlie's next move is.

According to the installer who hooked me up with EA the other day, he said that there is no more room on 61.5 and that as a result, there will no longer be upgraded HD channels on that sat. He also added that everyone knows this is a problem as many people cannot get EA, so he said we all just have to wait and see what Charlie's next move is.

All the people that can't EA that have 61.5? I don't think there are many people that get 61.5 but have no LOS to 72.7. There might be a few, but not many.

DISH has two options right now if you don't have line of sight . They can install a western arc for 110/119 /129 or eastern arc for 77/72.7/61.5.

They can even do either install with a side sat for what ever sat you need in addition to your arc ,since the lnb has in port to include the side sat dish. If you can't get eastern arc ,but your locals are on 77 sat , then a side sat + western arc dish. Same if you have locals on 110 but you have eastern arc dish, simple side sat install plugged into your eastern arc dish.

IF you want internationals they can install just the dish 500+ or 1000+ for western arc subs and even eastern arc dish + a side sat or in this case a dish 500+ with just the lnb for just 118 sat. DISH has national hd on 110 and 129 sats. They also have hd on 72.7 and 61.5 sats.

DISH has more options for a sub with line of sight issues than DIRECTV does. I don't know why some people act like it is the end of the world because DISH is putting hd on 72.7 sat instead of 61.5. Just upgrade to the eastern arc dish or the western arc dish and if need be the appropriate side sat for your locals if they are on any other sat other than 61.5 or 129. You can pay for the insurance for $6.00 and then the visit to upgrade your dish is only $15.00. Then after the first month you could cancel without the $25.00 cancel fee.

Also DISH has many more new sats going up this year to help replace 119 and other older sats. So the existing sats they will replace will be moved to be used for 61.5 and other slots needed. I think DISH is in better condition for new hd than people think. They are at least adding new hd while DIRECTV is sitting on the side lines again waiting for some new sat to be put in use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts