Will BHN match Fios speeds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

oberon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
With verizon rasing the bar in tampa. Will Brighthouse match the same speeds?

We actually have the 15 Mbps/2 Mbps dl/ul package. No where near the price fios is charging.

They definitely have a better price package. I feel that in time, (most likely when fios has wired everywhere with their cable, that will probably be the time BHN will become competitive.

...They definitely have a better price package. I feel that in time, (most likely when fios has wired everywhere with their cable, that will probably be the time BHN will become competitive.
Did that say that, unless there is competition, BHN will sc*** us? BTW in Brevard, there is no competition.

they will try with the download. they don't even come close with the upload currently.

The yhave plans "close" and at better prices.. and at upload they can raise as well.. With the new split node setups they have double the upstream of before. They can even split it one more time if they need to, but implanting a new Node+1 system would cut down modems per node and also increase the upstream power..

So yes they can compete if they choose to. and trust me they want let someone run in their backyard without a leash....

The yhave plans "close" and at better prices.. and at upload they can raise as well.. With the new split node setups they have double the upstream of before. They can even split it one more time if they need to, but implanting a new Node+1 system would cut down modems per node and also increase the upstream power..

So yes they can compete if they choose to. and trust me they want let someone run in their backyard without a leash....

what is brighthouse's comparable package to verizon's 20 down and 5 up package? without discount, i think verizon charges 50 dollars. their lowest speed package is now 10 down and 2 up and costs either 35 or 40. can't remember which one.

i had brighthouse last month and was paying 40 dollars for the 5 down and .5 up.

right now its 15/2 and I am not sure on the price, but lets just say I am sure its higher than verizon

i know as of today, their premium has dropped in price to 54.95......or ten dollars more than the standard road runner. still cheaper than dsl from bellsouth, ooops at&t!

Is BHN still tying their higher speeds to bundles of services?

I have the 10/1 Mb plan (tied to digital cable), and would gladly upgrade to a 15 Mb plan, but it is tied to having BHN phone services.

I realize I'm not a marketing/management person, but it seems silly when a customer wants to give you more money monthly for a service, and you say "No, you have to order this other unrelated service too."

Anyway, FiOS will keep BHN honest, but Verizon has to prove that they are as reliable as BHN in addition to just outperforming them on Mb or Mb/$.

Is BHN still tying their higher speeds to bundles of services?

I have the 10/1 Mb plan (tied to digital cable), and would gladly upgrade to a 15 Mb plan, but it is tied to having BHN phone services.

I realize I'm not a marketing/management person, but it seems silly when a customer wants to give you more money monthly for a service, and you say "No, you have to order this other unrelated service too."

Anyway, FiOS will keep BHN honest, but Verizon has to prove that they are as reliable as BHN in addition to just outperforming them on Mb or Mb/$.

what do you mean by reliable? i have had both and have had more reliability problems with brighthouse.

they only time i have been down with verizon interenet is when a fiber line was cut.

what do you mean by reliable? i have had both and have had more reliability problems with brighthouse.

they only time i have been down with verizon interenet is when a fiber line was cut.

I can make that same claim as well.

In fact, in the last 3 years, I was only down once, and that was cause the modem I have had for the past 6 years let the genie out!

Pretty reliable if you ask me!

I can make that same claim as well.

In fact, in the last 3 years, I was only down once, and that was cause the modem I have had for the past 6 years let the genie out!

Pretty reliable if you ask me!

I agree, i been with bhn for 2years and 2 months..I have never been down with the internet and only once (recently, fixed right away) my phone was off for a short time due to modem error or needed reactivation...and my internet always ran great at any time of the day/week, non of that (slowdown) due to, to many people using it etc...

now to Khandurian, how is it that a fiber got cut?...isn't verizon new wires all underground?...either way thats odd for a wire to just get cut...unless u meant it, in a different way? pls excuse me if so.

so yea also, now with the new standard speeds of fios (20 down,5 up)..will bhn upper their speeds again? i know they usually do..but i wonder if they will withing the next few months ??, from my understanding i know bhn can handle alot more bandwidth with no problems....especially when i know bhn is always expanding, so i know (like i said) they always upper their capacity all the times....so bhn shouldn't have any issues not being able to upgrade the speeds...but yea,any info would b great...:)

I agree, i been with bhn for 2years and 2 months..I have never been down with the internet and only once (recently, fixed right away) my phone was off for a short time due to modem error or needed reactivation...and my internet always ran great at any time of the day/week, non of that (slowdown) due to, to many people using it etc...

now to Khandurian, how is it that a fiber got cut?...isn't verizon new wires all underground?...either way thats odd for a wire to just get cut...unless u meant it, in a different way? pls excuse me if so.

so yea also, now with the new standard speeds of fios (20 down,5 up)..will bhn upper their speeds again? i know they usually do..but i wonder if they will withing the next few months ??, from my understanding i know bhn can handle alot more bandwidth with no problems....especially when i know bhn is always expanding, so i know (like i said) they always upper their capacity all the times....so bhn shouldn't have any issues not being able to upgrade the speeds...but yea,any info would b great...:)

The reason it got cut is because its underground... Happens to us all the time. Probley one of our biggest contributers to our outages.. Between that and mother nature if neither of those were involed we'd have a 100% uptime.

The reason it got cut is because its underground... Happens to us all the time. Probley one of our biggest contributers to our outages.. Between that and mother nature if neither of those were involed we'd have a 100% uptime.

hmmm, but I don't understand...if its underground how does it get damaged? shouldn't it be alot more secure from anything,then the wires up in the poles?...

hmmm, but I don't understand...if its underground how does it get damaged? shouldn't it be alot more secure from anything,then the wires up in the poles?...

It's quite easy. Neighbors planting trees, or extending their driveway, or installing a pond, or replacing their burned up grass, and a few others, all without calling for a survey of their yard to find out where the cables are located.

Main trunks are cut by new construction due to the backhoe operator not following the directions given to him and going too deep. Bellsouth has been known to cut a few while burying lines as well.

There used to be a person who used to go out and physically SHOOT the hubs with a shotgun!

Sadly, when a main trunk line is cut or damaged, it is usually well beyond the control of Brighthouse.

We recently had someone actually STEAL the amplifiers in a sub-division!

How's that for beyond your control!

exactly what ^ he said I probley repair 5 or more cuts a week because of people doing work underground and not following the rules. and even if they do follow the rules and get locates done they still cut the dam cable...

Usally overhead is the safest. Unless a spot starts to "sag down" and gets hit by a truck or if an idiot dump truck driver or "dumpster truck" has their booms up and hits the cable....

and speaking of stealing heh, Ive filed probley 5 reports in the last 3-4 months of entire newbuild subdivisons being wiped out.. 10 amps or more each area.. Craziness.. We have alot of areas in the middle of no where that are "newbuilds" with no homes yet so we dont goto the plant after its put in for like 2-3 months so plenty of time for the theifs to have a hayday.

yea, u guys are right. dint think about it that way lol...isn't the wire underground,usually by the street than in the yard of a persons house? either way i can understand how ignorant people are not following rules...must b annoying to dig and repair the messed up wire lol...

exactly what they ^ said lol...I repair feeder too....it sucks :( especially if u gotta dig and u dont know where its at gets frustrating...I'd rather not have anything underground, its much less maintenance.

yea, u guys are right. dint think about it that way lol...isn't the wire underground,usually by the street than in the yard of a persons house? either way i can understand how ignorant people are not following rules...must b annoying to dig and repair the messed up wire lol...

Well depends where the "easement" is. In some older areas its in the back yard "readr easement" so when someone puts up a fence... goodbye cable :) or even mother nature and her tree roots love to mess up the cable.

casper where do you work I assume CFL because of your knowledge of our local news :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)