Will D* require me to extend my contract?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sat_Guy_4evr

Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
I currently have two HR receivers in my house (one HD DVR) and yesterday I finally broke down and bought an HDTV for my bedroom. I want to replace the existing non-HD receiver in my bedroom with an HD receiver but don't necessarily want to extend my contract for another two years.

I upgraded 15 months ago, so the question I want to ask is are there any deals out there with D* for existing subs where can I get an HD receiver for next to no money and not have my contract extended?

I currently have two HR receivers in my house (one HD DVR) and yesterday I finally broke down and bought an HDTV for my bedroom. I want to replace the existing non-HD receiver in my bedroom with an HD receiver but don't necessarily want to extend my contract for another two years.

I upgraded 15 months ago, so the question I want to ask is are there any deals out there with D* for existing subs where can I get an HD receiver for next to no money and not have my contract extended?

Yes if you lease it.Your contract will be extended up to 24 months.

That answer is No.Unless you want to buy it full price.For that contact DirecTV.Good Luck!:)

Sorry to tell you but unless you BUY the box outright your contract will be extended. I have heard a few posters say they got one leased without extending, but those rumors are few and far between, and I doubt the accuracy.

I know the whole subject gets confusing & I'm not going anywhere but I did get an upgrade on an advanced receiver & they waived the 2-yr commitment. They even put a little logo in my on-line profile right next to the box that said "no new commitment". I know it's the exception & not the norm; I had recently spoken to corporate about 15yr subs not being thrown into the same boat with the "bait'n'switchers" & I think they made it a point by waiving the commitment. I'm personally glad they are catering to the loyal subs while simultaneously offering incentives to newbs. Sometimes, it's the little things that keep you around; I thought the little VIP platinum cards with a 'special' number to call was a nice touch (even if the number wasn't too special after all).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)