Will Dish 2700 & 4900 work with DPP Twin Lnb?

f13dfx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Just inherited Dish 2700 and 4900 receivers.

Was wondering if these would work with my DishPro Plus Twin Lnb?

Yes it will operate legacy receivers such as 4900/2700 but you have to connect a DP/DPP receiver up on port 1 of the satellite output on the DPP lnb in order for it to work. Another way is if you buy a DP adaptor but I don't know if that works on a DPP setup or not. I know the DP adaptor works a DP setup.

You can connect a Legacy receiver to a DISH Pro Plus LNBF or switch without the need of a DISH Pro Plus adapter. The limitation to this is that a DISH Pro or DISH Pro Plus receiver has to be connected as well to provide the switch with enough power to operate.

So if you have two legacy receivers then the DPP will work with it but it wont work the third output (Dish 1000.2)? or legacy Dish 1000's third output wont allow the 129 eye to be used? I remember this being discussed a while back but don't remember what the difference was.

dpp twin consumes more current than legacy receiver can supply so a dishpro receiver is also needed. put a check mark in 3 sat on the install summary screen

You can hook two legacy receivers to a DPP Twin. Personally, I would hesitate to do this, but Dish says it will work.

Keep in mind I didn't say anything about using the input, just that you can use 2 legacy receivers with a DPP Twin and not have to use DP Adaptors.

This is straight out of the DISH Pro Plus Twin User's Guide.

But to repeat myself: I would hesitate to do this.

Chainblu is correct on both accounts. according to dish network (both internal only) and EKB documents, the DPPlus twin is supposed to work with 2 legacy receivers, and is supposed to switch off the third input and be able to be powered in this manner. I have tried this on an install, and it works fine (actually both legacy receivers saw the third input as well) unless both receivers are tuned to odd transponders. As soon as I did that, they would both loose signal. This makes sense, since the LNB really has no way to get 18 Volts when both receivers are only sending it 13V to request odd transponders from the switch/LNB.

My recommendation is to either have at least one DP/DPPlus receiver connected, or two legacy receivers, with at least one having a DP Adapter on it (The DP Adapter is more than capable of fully powering a DPPlus LNB, even with a wing dish if necessary).

Good Luck