Will Dish Activate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bob55

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
Ohio
an old 381 receiver?

I purchased it new as a spare long ago. Never activated so it does not have a card. Lost signal yesterday and used it to confirm loss. The cable came out of the old style crimp connector at the lnb.

It took a software update from P429 to P469 and receives 110, 119 and 129 on a 1000.4 dish. I have no real use for it except to confirm as above and was wondering if it was worth passing it on.

I don't think they will, but a call to Dish or better, a PM to DIRT will settle it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

An 811 is MPEG-2 for its HD. Dish has no MPEG-2 HD channels, now. So why?
It might work on WA for SD channels but even if allowed better to get more modern and a DVR, too.

An 811 is MPEG-2 for its HD. Dish has no MPEG-2 HD channels, now. So why?
It might work on WA for SD channels but even if allowed better to get more modern and a DVR, too.
The 811 came first then DISH rebadged it as a 381 and sold it for WA SD broadcasting with an ATSC tuner built in. I have two sitting idle but if they are no longer being activated they become a little more electronic scrap.

Thhe 811 should fall under the legacy reciever group as well. And I don't beleive are being activated either.

It took a software upgrade. So why does Dish bother with that since it can not be activated? Why not just totally disable the unit instead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)