Will Dish carry NBC Weather plus?

These are generally digital sub-channels, sharing the digital bandwith with the station's main channel. There are battles going on now with the stations and the cable co's about must-carry for sub-channels. For now, I don't think DBS is involved.

pjm8047 said:
I just saw that my local nbc channel is getting NBC Weather plus. Willl Dish have it or is it for regular cable?

My guess would be when HELL FREEZES OVER, cause that would be when we actually needed it! Until then, my local weather geeks and TWC can handle the job and that would then leave bandwidth for important channels like the new solitare channel, new Uno game channel, and my most favorite one coming out, the ever popular watching grass grow channel, but that one is so new it's almost green! :eek: :yes :D

pjm8047 said:
I just saw that my local nbc channel is getting NBC Weather plus. Willl Dish have it or is it for regular cable?
http://www.nbccableinfo.com/insidenbccable/networks/weather/resources/inthenews/020705.html

I would doubt it because of bandwidth constraints. I receive it via an OTA antenna since it is broadcast digitally in my area as a sub-channel. Its okay but numerous times they don't update the information like today when they were showing five day forecasts for the various regional cities in my area and they were still showing the forecast for last Saturday and today is Monday. They even screw up current conditions. There have been days where it has been in the mid 90s and the current conditions show upper 60s to low 70s. I also wish they would show the local radar more frequently.

Will Dish carry NBC Weather plus?

No.

If you can, get it OTA like others have said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts