Will Dish move me from 129 to 61.5 for free?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Neal VT EE

Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
i recently moved (about 10 miles) and at my previous home i had 2 dishes, one pointed at 61.5. only in the worst of downpours did signal go out. since i've moved and am now pointed at 129 i lose signal ALL the time. my dish is mounted on a post in my yard and is pointed over top of a mountain (barely). i know 129 is a dying bird and from what i've heard Dish's options were to shut down some transponders or reduce transmit power. that said, the frequency with which i don't have signal on most of my HD channels is not acceptable. sometimes i lose signal if its cloudy. no rain, just cloudy. i live in Roanoke, VA and according to one of the mysterious "dot maps" it appears we are supposed to get locals in HD this year (not holding my breath). i would assume if we do get HD locals that they would be from 61.5 or something in the east, depending on where the new birds are supposed to go, so i would need another dish anyway. so, my question is if i complain hard enough will dish add a 61.5 wing dish to my set up or would i be wasting my time even trying. i really think i have a valid complaint that i rarely experienced signal loss before and now it's hard to watch HD when its cloudy. i get the stuff on 110 and 119 fine, but 129 is horrible.

thanks!

Unlikely. I have the same problem, and i called to complain and they told me they can install a dish for 61.5 for $99 dollars.

Then when i asked them about one for when my locals in HD when available (In Grand Rapids - which WAS suppose to be this month) They told me they have no timetable for locals in my area in HD anymore, but when they are available they will setup a dish for 61.5 for $59.00 or for free with a two year comitment

i guess i can try to call them. i dread any sort of phone contact with dish because of the foreign call centers. not ONCE have i ever been pleased after calling them. since i just moved i had to do the 24 month commitment for the free move install so i don't know if they'd even offer a free 61.5 dish with a 24 month commit. i continue to hear about how charlie says "we need to do better at customer service...blah blah blah." i have yet to see any progress whatsoever. in fact it just gets worse every time i call. if there is a hell it is littered with dish network customer service reps.

Unlikely. I have the same problem, and i called to complain and they told me they can install a dish for 61.5 for $99 dollars.

Then when i asked them about one for when my locals in HD when available (In Grand Rapids - which WAS suppose to be this month) They told me they have no timetable for locals in my area in HD anymore, but when they are available they will setup a dish for 61.5 for $59.00 or for free with a two year comitment

If i lived in Niagara Falls, Ny would i most likely get 61.5(hoping from what i hear) or 129 (not what i want from what i hear)?

I wanted 61.5, and instead of calling up DISH, I just installed it myself. The dish itself was $20 on ebay, the LNB was $5. A couple tweaks aiming it, and bam, 61.5. No sweat.

I wanted 61.5, and instead of calling up DISH, I just installed it myself. The dish itself was $20 on ebay, the LNB was $5. A couple tweaks aiming it, and bam, 61.5. No sweat.

Cheapest DP single or dual lnbf I can find on ebay today is $21 with shipping. And good luck finding a D-tube 300 dish to put it in maybe buy a dish500 ($28 shipped cheapes I found)for it but there you are at 21+28=$49. Unless you use legacy lnbf and that is a LOT cheaper.but will NOT work with a Dish100.2 When added to a 129, if it "129" gets ANY signal from the 129 slot then it will ALWAYS default to it. So be sure to either change to a dish 500 or cover the 129 lnb with foil or something. Either way at 49 dollars if your lucky I would not mess with it, if you can get the $59 price.

But if you have LOS issues they should reapair it. I know If my company put in a system with a better LOS at the 61.5 location then we would GLADLY replace the 100.2 with a 500 and 61.5 for free but then again, we retailers do not make the decision in the big big world of DISH cooperate shannagins....

I called dish last week to see if my locals were in hi-def yet. They told me that they were avaliable and that I would need a 61.5 dish. They installed it today for free with no comitment. I guess I got lucky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)