Will Dish run an extra line for the future?

Oh well, so the installer came, and didn't want to touch the existing DirecTV dish or the mount, and decided to install the Dish dish next to it. He explained he can't take it down because it's not Dish's property. I accept that. I asked him if he could run the 3rd cable for me, and I offered to "make it worth his while" but he declined, saying that his install might get audited and get into trouble if his boss found out he ran an extra line. Fair enough. This guy's very much by the book.

Had no trouble taking the tip though.

Yup, that's why I didn't argue with him about it and still tipped him (didn't realize that was against the rules)...

Oh well, so the installer came, and didn't want to touch the existing DirecTV dish or the mount, and decided to install the Dish dish next to it. He explained he can't take it down because it's not Dish's property. I accept that. I asked him if he could run the 3rd cable for me, and I offered to "make it worth his while" but he declined, saying that his install might get audited and get into trouble if his boss found out he ran an extra line. Fair enough. This guy's very much by the book.

Had no trouble taking the tip though.

It would seem to me that if an audit did occur, the customer would be agreeable to 'have run the additional line himself' after the installer left the premises.

Ed

The hard part is the dish is on the roof of a 2-story house, and I'm acrophobic (nor do I have such a tall ladder anyway)... plus I wanted all 3 cables to match in color, all strapped together nicely, etc.

Not a big deal... I probably won't be needing it in the near future. I was just trying to think ahead...

My old house had the Dish (es) on the roof. When I built my new house, I had the wiring company run a bundle of 6 nice RG6 cables to the attic with an extra 100 feet to allow for movement.

Then they came out and wanted to put the DISH in the yard. :)

Oh well. :)

Well, call dish an tell them you would like to schedule an Installation Appointment to add another line. If you have the service plan, which as a new customer you should, it will only cost you $15.

Well, call dish an tell them you would like to schedule an Installation Appointment to add another line. If you have the service plan, which as a new customer you should, it will only cost you $15.

hope that won't become a TC,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)