Will Dish take back my 942 for the upcoming 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Guys I'm gonna give Echostar executive resolution team until Tues evening 8pm CST to contact me
Ive called 19 times over last 2 days
wow, surprise they screen calls so as not to be caught off guard by customers
I think their waiting for Charlie chat on Monday to air before they call me back, so they can basically read me a scripted responses to my concerns
you have until Tues evening 8pm CST to contact me in regards to solving my issue
CUSTOMER SERVICE OBVIOUSLY ISN'T ECHOSTARS TOP PRIORITY, I DOUBT ITS EVEN ON THEIR RADAR

Last edited:
All new HD channels due 2/1 are Mpeg 4 only!?

Dish released a press release today which said the new HD channels: 5 voom channels, ESPN2 HD, & Universal HD will only be broadcast in Mpeg4 starting 2/1/06.

At least that is how I read it. Tell me I'm wrong!!. :eek:

swade said:
Dish released a press release today which said the new HD channels: 5 voom channels, ESPN2 HD, & Universal HD will only be broadcast in Mpeg4 starting 2/1/06.
At least that is how I read it. Tell me I'm wrong!!. :eek:

As far as what was announced, you are not wrong.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix...1106&highlight=
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=68854&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=801106&highlight=
DISH Network Launches Nation's Largest HD Package - DishHD, Featuring Local HD Channels and New VOOM HD Channels
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 5, 2006--
Most National Content plus World's First MPEG4 HD DVR Establishes
DISH Network as Industry Leader for HDTV
EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and its DISH Network(TM) satellite TV service announced today from the 2006 International Consumer Electronics Show the rollout of its new high-definition television package, DishHD. By offering the most HD channels in the pay-TV industry and with the introduction of a new line of advanced satellite receivers, DishHD gives its customers more than 1,700 hours a week of HD content from the nation's top programmers.
DISH Network is expanding its HD channel lineup in 2006 by adding five new original VOOM channels -- bringing the total to 15 -- as well as other new HD networks including ESPN2 HD and Universal HD. In addition, DISH Network will launch high-definition local channels through its satellite service in up to 50 markets in 2006, starting with Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles and New York in February, and reaching more than 50 percent of U.S. TV households with local HD Network customers via an off-air antenna solution.
channels. The remainder of the country's local HD channels will be offered to DISH
DishHD offers 25 national HD channels plus local broadcast channels where available, providing more than 200 hours of HD programming every day. Cable companies, with a national average of just 10 HD channels, cannot come close to the robust lineup of DishHD.
With up to four different programming packages to choose from, DishHD customers can find an option that best fits their viewing needs. For as little as $54.99 a month, customers can access the entire 25-channel DishHD lineup, and get more than 70 all-digital standard definition channels plus their local channels in standard and high definition.
Current DishHD channels include:
VOOM Networks
Discovery HD -----------------
ESPN HD Animania HD Monsters HD
HBO HD Equator HD Rave HD
HD Net Film Fest HD Rush HD
HD Net Movies Gallery HD Ultra HD
HD Pay-Per-View HD News Kung Fu HD
Showtime HD
TNT HD
On Feb. 1, DISH Network will begin transmitting newly added HD channels in MPEG4, a signal compression standard developed by MPEG (Moving Picture Experts Group). MPEG4 allows DISH Network to maximize the bandwidth available on its satellites and offer the most robust lineup of HD channels in the nation.
New DishHD channels available only in MPEG4 include:
VOOM Networks
ESPN2 HD ------------------
Universal HD Family Room HD
HD Locals Gameplay HD
Treasure HD
World Cinema HD
WorldSport HD
DISH Network is also introducing at CES a new series of satellite receivers that combine MPEG4 and MPEG2 signal capability. The cutting-edge ViP Series combines state-of-the-art imaging technology with life-like Dolby(R) Digital 5.1 surround sound for the best picture and sound quality available. Existing customers with MPEG2 equipment, such as the DISH Player DVR 942, will continue to receive all their current content and will need to upgrade to a ViP Series receiver to receive the new HD channels. DISH Network will offer a convenient upgrade package for existing customers who want to expand their HD lineup to include the new channels.

Dish has always carried a buyer's remorse 30 day return policy. I used it on a 510 on the 30th day. Just call them and tell them you have buyer's remorse and would like to return it.

gpflepsen said:
Dish has always carried a buyer's remorse 30 day return policy. I used it on a 510 on the 30th day. Just call them and tell them you have buyer's remorse and would like to return it.
They told me no since i bought from a retailer not directly through dish, the retailer said they would return unit if it was not activated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)