Will Dishnet authorize older non-MPEG4 HD 6K ird

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Will Dishnet authorize this older non-MPEG4 HD 6000 ird to a account?

I have a chance to buy a Dish 6000 w R5000HD recording MOD on the cheap, $425with shipping. The problem is I thought I read that Dish will no longer authorize 6000 ird's I called dish 3 times and one csr said yes, the other said no and the third guy, I got the feeling was just guessing and pulling a answer out of his butt.

This maybe is why the seller is having a fire sale. He said he bought it already modded off ebay and never got around to putting it on his account, and now has a HD-DVD player so he don't see the point.

Do you guys know ?

Thanks

If you have a HD package already then YES they will authorize it, however if you dont already subscribe to the HD package then the answer is no they won't authorize it.

Scott Greczkowski said:
If you have a HD package already then YES they will authorize it, however if you dont already subscribe to the HD package then the answer is no they won't authorize it.

Scott - Did you ever double check this? These are my questions exactly as I asked and the answers I got from David Laslo. These answers do not agree with what you just said. The way the question and the answer is worded seems very clear.

From Me:So……… here are the questions.

If I decide to sell my receivers on ebay and use the cash to purchase the new mpeg4 receivers ……..
Can the person that purchases my 921/6000/811 activate the new HD pak and simply not be able to see the mpeg4 channels if they are NOT current subscribers to HD? OR

Will the person NOT be able to activate ANY HD and only receive HD OTA?

David Laslo's answer to me:
Ms. Howard,

Thank you for your email. If you sold your equipment on Ebay, whoever purchases these receivers would be able to activated them on their DISH Network account. They would not be able to subscribe to the old HD services, only our new HD Gold, Silver, Bronze packages. But, due to these receivers being MPEG 2 the only HD content they would receive are the channels that were broadcasted in MPEG 2 before we changed to MPEG 4. So they would pay for all the HD channels and only receive the MPEG 2 content. They would be able to receive OTA channels.

HMM. The word I had is the old HD receivers on accounts that had not had HD subscriptions could only be activated for SD reception and OTA HD. This is mildly good news.

Thanks for the replies.

It's a Moot point for me to now. After the seller decided to add on paypal fees, I decided to jump on a HD DVD player for $439. Maybe in the future R5000HD will have a mod for the new [MPEG-4] IRD's

Mojo said:
Thanks for the replies.

It's a Moot point for me to now. After the seller decided to add on paypal fees, I decided to jump on a HD DVD player for $439. Maybe in the future R5000HD will have a mod for the new [MPEG-4] IRD's
The R5000 has mods for both the 211 and 622 - $550 a pop. I believe full price for a new 211 + mods is $900.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)