Will Electrical Service Drop Degrade Reception

gwangell

Mar 15, 2008
Roanoke, Va
I am wanting to reposition my 61.5 Wing Dish and the location that I want to use has the electrical service cable to my house running through the site line to the satellite, approximately 6'-7' from the dish location. Will this cause me a problem on my reception?

I am wanting to reposition my 61.5 Wing Dish and the location that I want to use has the electrical service cable to my house running through the site line to the satellite, approximately 6'-7' from the dish location. Will this cause me a problem on my reception?

if that wire happens to be directly between the sat of interest and the lnb, then yes. the chance of that is small but it can happen.

occasionally ive seen it when shooting thru overhead electrical wires causes missing odd or even transponders, but it is rare.

you wont know 100% for sure until you try it.

rcdallas was thinkin about a different situation im thinkin.

Your right, I was thinking of the lines itself, not the line of sight.

On the utility end I've went on a few different "radio-noise" calls where it screws up reception on radio in general. Loose hardware/insulators/leaking insulators, even loose staples on the pole ground for the most part cause that. A poor mans trick of that is use a AM radio and tune to a channel where you know you should be picking up something, you can hear the noise there, in severe cases up to a mile away.

Your right, I was thinking of the lines itself, not the line of sight.

On the utility end I've went on a few different "radio-noise" calls where it screws up reception on radio in general. Loose hardware/insulators/leaking insulators, even loose staples on the pole ground for the most part cause that. A poor mans trick of that is use a AM radio and tune to a channel where you know you should be picking up something, you can hear the noise there, in severe cases up to a mile away.

would quad shield cable help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)