Will Howard get a new deal?

Don in CT

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 4, 2013
Central CT
So rumors are running wild that Howard is about to sign a new deal to stay with SiriusXM. He has denied any talks have happened. I can't see either side walking away before his contract expires in December.

He needs to be on more, tired of the only on Monday-Wednesday and 15 weeks of vacation, would be happy with a Thursday show and 10 weeks of vacation ( I never had more then 2 weeks a year).

Get ready for price increases.
Another company that prices go up every year ...
Difference being, they KNOW they are over priced and will usually negotiate.

I get a kick out of them every year when they send me a bill for $600 or there about for 2 radios and internet access.

Also, Every year I ask them ... can I please put these bills together and make them due at the same time ?

Seems they don't know how to do that.

I pay them once a year, so you'd think they would say, Hey, we can merge these 2 bills .
Back in '08 I was an XM sub, then when I went to a Ford, I had to change to Sirius, but still have something (I don't remember what) on the other vehicle.

Anyways, 2 radios, you'd think they could combine them so I have one bill.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Another company that prices go up every year ...
Difference being, they KNOW they are over priced and will usually negotiate.

I get a kick out of them every year when they send me a bill for $600 or there about for 2 radios and internet access.

Also, Every year I ask them ... can I please put these bills together and make them due at the same time ?

Seems they don't know how to do that.

I pay them once a year, so you'd think they would say, Hey, we can merge these 2 bills .
Back in '08 I was an XM sub, then when I went to a Ford, I had to change to Sirius, but still have something (I don't remember what) on the other vehicle.

Anyways, 2 radios, you'd think they could combine them so I have one bill.
I wouldn't pay extra for his show, but I bought a lifetime subscription back in 2003, so it's free for me forever. And thanks to a recent class action suit, it only costs me $35 to transfer my service to a new radio.

I wouldn't pay extra for his show, but I bought a lifetime subscription back in 2003, so it's free for me forever. And thanks to a recent class action suit, it only costs me $35 to transfer my service to a new radio.
Back in '08, I started using XM and then Sirius when I changed cars ... when I inquired about "Lifetime" subs (it was like $500 or something like that.)
They told me that I could NOT transfer, that when I sold the vehicle, my Lifetime deal was done.

Therefore, I didn't pursue it any further.

Now days, people say they do it all the time.

Sadly, I don't think they do "Lifetime" anymore.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Back in '08, I started using XM and then Sirius when I changed cars ... when I inquired about "Lifetime" subs (it was like $500 or something like that.)
They told me that I could NOT transfer, that when I sold the vehicle, my Lifetime deal was done.

Therefore, I didn't pursue it any further.

Now days, people say they do it all the time.

Sadly, I don't think they do "Lifetime" anymore.
If I remember right when XM first came out and were selling lifetime subscriptions was to get people to get XM. I paid the $500 back when they started in 1988.

Reactions: Jimbo
If I remember right when XM first came out and were selling lifetime subscriptions was to get people to get XM. I paid the $500 back when they started in 1988.
Heres what they say about Lifetime Subs now.

What does a “lifetimesubscription mean? When it comes to a SiriusXM device, it means the lifetime of the device for your built-in car radio, and it can be transferable if you have a portable radio.

I don't think they do Lifetime's anymore .... but I would be interested if they do. (2 radios)

Heres what they say about Lifetime Subs now.

What does a “lifetimesubscription mean? When it comes to a SiriusXM device, it means the lifetime of the device for your built-in car radio, and it can be transferable if you have a portable radio.

I don't think they do Lifetime's anymore .... but I would be interested if they do. (2 radios)
As you know back then they didn't have the radios in cars. They were trying to sell the service and their home radio devices, which I have. I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts