Will I be happy with the Hopper ?

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Switching from FIOS getting a HWS with 2 joeys and a HIC Will I be happy with the Quality and Stability of the Hoper? I had Dish from 1996 till 20090 Had several receivers most stable was the 722. Switched To Fios been happy with them but now I am losing $40.00 month credits and Don't need the triple play Just need Dish with Comcast economy Internet Even after promo be less the $100.00 month vs the $155.00 plus my fios has gone up to.

Thoughts ?????

Most people here are biased, especially about the Hopper... :p That said, places like Cnet, Engadget, Wired, and so on have reviewed and give it good (or very good) reviews.

You probably don't need the HIC.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Agree with Hall. I've been a harsh critic of the issues with the Hopper software upgrades and Dish priorities but only because I want Dish to have the most reliable, easy-to-use equipment. I have been a loyal customer for over 15 years and truly do love the Hopper, Sling technology and the Dish apps.

IMO the pros outweigh the cons dramatically and I am confident the issues will get fixed. Just that like many of us here, I'm a bit impatient. I even walk the talk and turned a friend over the Hopper/Joey in December. He loves it and doesn't even complain about the minor usability issues they can improve...that still drive me bonkers. :)

Cross over to the Hopper side and join the fun.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I hate to jinx myself, but my 2 HWS have been virtually bug free. (Knocks on wood several times!)

I have had very few problems with my 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys as well. The only major I had was losing signal when the temps got below zero. All I need to do is swap out the Duo Node with the newer version and I'll be fine. It made it through a winter before with only a couple outages but this winter was extremely harsh.

I have had very few problems with my 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys as well. The only major I had was losing signal when the temps got below zero. All I need to do is swap out the Duo Node with the newer version and I'll be fine. It made it through a winter before with only a couple outages but this winter was extremely harsh.

We have 2 HWS/ 3 J and 5 users. They are not bashful to come to me if it's not working right or they have a problem. Smooth sailing for a while now. (Knocks on wood again).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts