Will Joe Torres be fired if he loses the series against the Mets?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
In my opinion it is time to rock the boat. Yanks are 9.5 games behind Boston in the standing and I think players need to hear a new voice. The old voice is not working anymore. This team looks like an old dead horse that is tired from all the running. :D

I doubt it. If they don't make the playoffs this year he might be fired.

Managers tend to get blamed. I really don't think that this is Torre's fault but he may get the axe at the end of the season. Having said that I don't think it is impossible that this situation will turn around somewhat.

In my opinion it is time to rock the boat. Yanks are 9.5 games behind Boston in the standing and I think players need to hear a new voice. The old voice is not working anymore. This team looks like an old dead horse that is tired from all the running. :D
everything is fine don't overreact.

The Mets are the better team. The Post (or was it the News) today did one of those position by position deals, and the Yankees only had the advantage at Third and Catcher. Every other spot was either EVEN or METS ADVANTAGE.

This is not Joe Torre's fault, although he will eventually take the hit. I myself would dump Cashman if Torre goes. The Yankees are in a very bad state, and Roger Clemens at 3/4 of a Mill per start is not going to save them this year.

they should fire the little twerp GM Cashman. Torres has been to what 11 str8 playoffs and won 4 of 6 WS he has been to. The team is old and the pitching is not as good as my Brewers.

Well they lost the game and now are at double digits behind boston - 10 games. If boston wins today, it will be 10.5. Should the Yankees get swept this weekend by the Mets since they are throwing two rookies on Saturday and Sunday, I expect a big explotion from George. I can see big changes should the Mets sweep them and there is a very good chance that that will be the case this weekend. How sweet will that be?

Its hilarious. The Yankees are so pompous and their fans too. It doesnt look like they will win the AL East so someone has to be fired in MAY! You would think the sun was failing to come up for these egomaniacs.

Sean, I thought you were a Mets Fan. Yankees were only 5.5 games out of the wild card spot before yesterday's game, and it is only May. Being a Tiger fan, I'm tickled pink with the Yankme's predicament. The Steinbrenner of 20 yrs. ago would have fired Torre a long time ago.

In the "old days", fans cheered for their team, and were mildly excited when their team beat a rival.

These days, fans become so arrogant that they sometimes root harder for another team to lose then their own team to win, mostly because they want to see the other teams fans suffer.

It's a long road as to how this developed, but it has been amplified by talk radio which allows the blow hard fan airtime.

For example, I am a Mets fan. I have been since the late '60s. Mostly because everyone in my family was either Red Sox or Yankees and I wanted to be different. Through the years, the Mets have been up and down. However, around here, the local Yankee fans used to "beat on me" in the local pubs and stuff when they found I was a Mets fan. Sure, the Mets sucked, but why should that matter to them.

These days, I internally gloat, but always tell them "don't worry. The Yankees are always there at the end of the year". HA!

Sean, I thought you were a Mets Fan. Yankees were only 5.5 games out of the wild card spot before yesterday's game, and it is only May. Being a Tiger fan, I'm tickled pink with the Yankme's predicament. The Steinbrenner of 20 yrs. ago would have fired Torre a long time ago.
If Billy martin was still around he probably would have.

the Yankees only had the advantage at Third and Catcher. Every other spot was either EVEN or METS ADVANTAGE.

...and at third, I'll take Wright over A-rod anyday. Wright looks and seems like the type that's there to play the game. A-rod looks like he's just there to collect his paycheck (just like a lot of the other Yanks).

I've been a Mets fan for many years, but I absolutely love watching this team, this year and last, because they seem to genuinely have fun playing and enjoy each other! :)

8 games out in the Wild Card and about a zillion teams in front of them. I think this ship is sinking fast and it is only May.... It may never recover from the lousy April and May they are having.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)