Will Joe Torres be fired if he loses the series against the Mets?

In my opinion it is time to rock the boat. Yanks are 9.5 games behind Boston in the standing and I think players need to hear a new voice. The old voice is not working anymore. This team looks like an old dead horse that is tired from all the running. :D

That's because they are an old team.

I do not think it is an old team. It just needs to hear another voice. The current voices are not working or by the time they wake up from their slumber it will be the end of season.

Firing Joe Torre would be like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The Yankees need to start hitting consistently and fix their pitching problems. Taking a series from the Red Sox would be a good start let's see if they can do it.

I still think he is in the balancing rope. The old adage is that you can't fire 25 man but just one. Whether he is made the scapegoat or not, should Boston widen the lead to 13 games (meaning sweep), I can see Torre out of a job. Sometimes jerky move is needed to send a message. Whether it work or not, only time will tell.

Mariano Rivera only has 3 saves this year, that's one problem. They had 11 different starting pitchers, another problem.

They have no talent down in there minors to help them on a consistent basis, they sold there minor league soul to win, and now it's coming back to bite them.

There pitchers keep getting older, then they sign another old pitcher to save there season(which wont help, too little too late), Jeter is getting older, A-Rod is on a slump lately and they have nothing else.

It makes me ecstatic knowing they pay 200 million in payroll and my Pirates are a .5 game behind them with a pitiful payroll.

When the Pirates play the Yanks in June and if Ian Snell and Tom Gorzelanny are pitching, I can see the Pirates take 2 out of 3. I don't expect it, but it could happen, they (The Yanks) are that bad.

I hope Brian Cashman, Torres and other coaches get fired. Plus I hope the Yanks just keep losing.:D

I'm more surprised that no one has changed the title of this thread (Torre/Torres) than I am of the Yankees bad play. They really bought themselves into a hole.

In reality, it's a lot more Cashman's fault than Torre's. In fact, now that I think of it, "Cashman" is a great name for a Yankee GM! :D

I still think he is in the balancing rope. The old adage is that you can't fire 25 man but just one. Whether he is made the scapegoat or not, should Boston widen the lead to 13 games (meaning sweep), I can see Torre out of a job. Sometimes jerky move is needed to send a message. Whether it work or not, only time will tell.
They are 14 games back and its real early. I have to change my prediction. I never thought it would get this bad honestly. Torre will be fired at 20 games back definately. 15-20 maybe. I think if he can stay within 10 by say the end of June he will stay, but Steinbrenner wont go into july 15 - 20 games back with Torre at the helm.

If they get swept by Toronto tonight, George Steinbrener may have his PR explosion and finally fire Torre. 14.5 GB and rookie pitcher tonight on the mound... Disaster coming down... pretty soon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)