Will metal railing block signal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Riorobert

Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
I am helping my brother set up his dish. He lives in an apartment and is setting the dish up on his deck. How much of an effect will the deck railling have on his signal? We are having a hard time finding a signal & I am wondering if this is due to the metal railing on the deck.

Also, keep in mind that the angle the signal is coming in is around 20 degrees higher in elevation than where it looks like the dish is pointing (assuming you're using an offset dish). Sounds like this principle will help you out.

There are diagrams and pictures of this on the forum if you want to search for them.

I setup on an apartment deck with wood railing but put my dish up on three cinderblocks so it could see over the top. Mine's not screwed down but is on a 2x2 foot plywood board with 3/8" screw levellers and another cinderblock to hold it down. Picture attached:

Attachments

• dscn2733s.jpg
    dscn2733s.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 229
when I lived in a condo I took a 10gal pain bucket, filled it with quickset concrete mix, and poped in a 4ft presure treated 4"x4" post and bamb I had my non-penetrating mount :) cost me less then $20cdn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts