Will moving affect my ability to watch my local baseball team?

fhsucade07

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2007
Since the NFL season has just about begun, I'm looking to "move" so that I can pick up locals from either the Charlotte or Cincinatti markets and increase the number of NFL games that I can watch. I know that I'll end up losing my RSN from here in Georgia but was curious about the Atlanta Braves on TBS?

If I move to one of those markets, will the Braves games on TBS be blacked out? I know that I would lose whatever Braves games are shown on FSN (which isn't many) but would end up picking up another team with the move -- just wanting to make sure that I won't be blacked out from watching the Braves on TBS.

As for my Atlanta locals, I have those and San Francisco both through NPS.

Also, can I still move to New York or Denver and view SD signals or were those a part of CONUS that were removed?

Cade

TBS games wouldnt be blacked out unless they play Cinci and your "address" is within 100 miles of the ballpark there...I think thats how it works...but you can see them on FSN

Yes NY & Denver are still CONUS

with those moves you will for sure loose the Turner South Games and maybe Fox Sports South. The two combine to carry most of the braves games

Thank you for all of the responses!!

I follow the Braves pretty heavily especially in September -- so I wanted to be certain I'd be able to watch most of the games on TBS.

Cade

Since the NFL season has just about begun, I'm looking to "move" so that I can pick up locals from either the Charlotte or Cincinatti markets and increase the number of NFL games that I can watch. I know that I'll end up losing my RSN from here in Georgia but was curious about the Atlanta Braves on TBS?

If I move to one of those markets, will the Braves games on TBS be blacked out? I know that I would lose whatever Braves games are shown on FSN (which isn't many) but would end up picking up another team with the move -- just wanting to make sure that I won't be blacked out from watching the Braves on TBS.

As for my Atlanta locals, I have those and San Francisco both through NPS.

Also, can I still move to New York or Denver and view SD signals or were those a part of CONUS that were removed?

Cade
The Charlotte area is within the territories of The Braves, Reds, Orioles and Nats..So you're in the clear..We get Fox SS, Sports South(formerly Turner South) full time, Reds games on Fox Cin and MASN 1 and 2 from the DC /Balt rarea fulltime..This is the RSN capital of the US!!!!!

The Charlotte area is within the territories of The Braves, Reds, Orioles and Nats..So you're in the clear..We get Fox SS, Sports South(formerly Turner South) full time, Reds games on Fox Cin and MASN 1 and 2 from the DC /Balt rarea fulltime..This is the RSN capital of the US!!!!!

And that's sort of my pick for a move, but my primary problem is that when I run a test of the signal strength, I'm just getting a signal of about 41 - 49 when I try it. Ironically, I get a stronger signal from Cincy (and it's farther from me than Charlotte). I'm in Dahlonega, Georgia, so Charlotte is essentially a lot closer than Cincy.

I get a REALLY STRONG SIGNAL on Greenville / Spartanburg SC, though. Over 100! But it looks as though I wouldn't get as many RSN options there. However, they don't really have an NFL team, so I would say you'd get a great deal of variety (since they also have two CBS networks).

Cade

And that's sort of my pick for a move, but my primary problem is that when I run a test of the signal strength, I'm just getting a signal of about 41 - 49 when I try it. Ironically, I get a stronger signal from Cincy (and it's farther from me than Charlotte). I'm in Dahlonega, Georgia, so Charlotte is essentially a lot closer than Cincy.

I get a REALLY STRONG SIGNAL on Greenville / Spartanburg SC, though. Over 100! But it looks as though I wouldn't get as many RSN options there. However, they don't really have an NFL team, so I would say you'd get a great deal of variety (since they also have two CBS networks).

Cade

I cant beleive you are only getting a signal of 41-49 for Charlotte from NE GA. I don't think I would expect it to be as strong at Greenville but I wouldnt think it would be that weak and that Cincinatti would be stronger. From my past experience, you could probably view it at that level but it would be supetable to going out with rain or cloud covers. But you'll still get MASN and the Braves then. In one of your past posts you said you liked the Rockies and if thats the case you could just get the networks from out in Devner. Youll get the big four and the CW plus the two RSNS (FOX RM and Altiude). Plus you wont really have to worry about signal strenghts.

Isnt there somewhere other than NY , Chicago, and Denver that's covered nationwide with a move or am i mistaken? If you chose NY for the Yanks in adition to football be aware that they dont have the YES network.

Thanks for the response! I used to have Cincinatti and, believe it or not, never experienced any problems even with a signal strenght that ranged from about 52 - 61. The FSN was nice for the Reds and I also got to see some Blue Jackets games, but I'd love to have Charlotte where I could get all of those RSNs. I'm tempted to just subscribe and see how things work out, but with a signal between 41 - 49, I don't think I'll do much better than the RSNs. And I was wanting a couple of more NFL games. (Not enough to warrant the purchase of NFL ST on a different carrier, though).

Cade

How long does it take to process a "move"? I called a few days ago, and it still hasn't taken effect.

With regards to your locals, I'm guessing they forgot to switch them to your new location. Call them back and tell them you moved but they forgot to switch your locals. Changes should take place within 30 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)