Will my dish have to move?

triangleGuy

Original poster
Jun 25, 2004
With VoOm probably moving to a new satellite what does that mean? Will I have to have my dish pointed somewhere else? will the new dish be bigger? I live in an apartment building so a new dish probably means I will lose voOm and a bigger dish might mean the same thing. :eek:

in order to use the amc satellite they will have to install bigger dishes with different lnbs

I would install a 9 foot pink and purple dish that said "A moron lives here" in 3 foot tall letters, if it meant keeping Voom.

I wanted a bigger dish to help with rain fade anyway.. I'm just worried that I won't be able to see other orbital locations if the dish has to point somewhere else. I think trees would be in the way for 110 or 119 locations. I'll find some way to make sure I keep my Voom, though.

the other satellite is at 72 so it's very close to the current one being used.

Yea, I read the 72 degree location in another message a short while ago. That is pretty close.. I am currently pointing between an opening in some trees. Not sure if pointing at 72 degees will still point through that opening or not. Oh well, if a tree is in the way, I'll find a solution. May have to move the dish somewhere else than the chemney it is on currently.

An E* Superdish size dish should be OK. AMC-6 is powerful enough to feed it.

E* is supposed to be releasing a slightly smaller Superdish. VoomHD should be able to use one that size. It will only have a FSS LNB on it. The only issue I see is aiming.

V* required professional installation for a simple DBS satellite. I suspect VoomHD will need professional installation when they move to AMC-6. FSS aiming is a pain!

JL

Anyone recall what the maximum size is permitted by the FCC ruling about voiding local ordinances that disallow antennas, etc.

I'm questioning whether or not a 30" dish would exceed this limit.

JimP said:
Anyone recall what the maximum size is permitted by the FCC ruling about voiding local ordinances that disallow antennas, etc. I'm questioning whether or not a 30" dish would exceed this limit.
See my post above from yesterday.

Good quesetion: I'm pretty lucky since my lil' 18" dish is mounted on the side of the house, 6ft. off the deck, and has a clear line of sight from 61.5 to 119. However, I am curious to see how many people will have line of sight problem with 72.

Anyway, can someone please post the link to that handly-dandy little elevation/azimuth program. Thanks!

You might not have to move the dish those satellites are capable of moving. E* might move Rainbow 1 and AMC 6 could be moved into it's place or Rainbow 2 after launch could be assigned the slot at 61.5

Huh? AMC-6 is owned by SES-Americom it is already in place at 72w. "Rainbow 2" is another name for the KU portion of AMC-6 there is nothing to launch. AMC-6 can't be moved to 61.5 it isn't a DBS satellite.

JimP,

The FCC allows a 1 meter dish, a 30 in. dish is a 1 meter dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts