Will my dish have to move?

Sorry I thought Rainbow 2 was the Sat that was in development. And as a long time C Bander I have seen Sats move all over the place in the last 15 years.

rvsixer said:
Correct on the FCC reg, however a 1m dish is quite a bit larger than 30".

O.K. So the FCC permits up to 1 meter, which I believe is 39.3701 inches.

The new dish is 30". So we're safe as to not exceeding the safety net provided by the FCC reg.

Next question is how susceptible to rainfade is a 30" KU band dish? I had to go from original 18" dish up to their next size, either 20" or 24" (don't remember which). Is it likely that we'll have to do the same with the KU band??

Also going from 61.5 to 72, is that a rotation to the east or south if you're located in the southeast? Trees might become a problem.

seandudley said:
Yea, I read the 72 degree location in another message a short while ago. That is pretty close.. I am currently pointing between an opening in some trees. Not sure if pointing at 72 degees will still point through that opening or not. Oh well, if a tree is in the way, I'll find a solution. May have to move the dish somewhere else than the chemney it is on currently.
I have the same problem as you-=-may have to cut a huge tree down and then i am not sure neighbors tree won't block it--this will be along drawn out affair..i will not cut anything yet--i still feel echostar will lease back 61.5 for awhile

salvage

Maybe I can change the feed on my BUD and swing it into position. No rainfade problems there.
Hey Lob, how's things in U town?

Is this the program you need?

riffjim4069 said:
Anyway, can someone please post the link to that handly-dandy little elevation/azimuth program. Thanks!

I downloaded this the other day, hope it's the one you wanted, and hope I successfully attached it! :eek: Vicki

Attachments

• zip500.zip
    126.3 KB · Views: 114
Is putting a 30" dish ok for windload. What is the stance for homeowners insurance for such a large dish.

It gets quite windy here.

New azimuth

screech said:
Maybe I can change the feed on my BUD and swing it into position. No rainfade problems there.
Hey Lob, how's things in U town?

So AMC6 at 72W is 180.2 using worcester, at a 41.4 deg elevation.

Not very far from where we are now.

Lob :D

rtt2 said:
Is putting a 30" dish ok for windload. What is the stance for homeowners insurance for such a large dish.

I had a 30" dish installed for another sat service. the installer added several anchor wires (3 or 4, can't remember) to the roof to secure the dish from wind problems.

No problems, not even in storms, so far.

Shelly

My aforementioned Primestar dish is 30". It is attached to a 4'X4' piece of plywood in one corner with two support rods for stabilization. (I didn't attach it directly to my roof, getting permission from the HOA is a PITA)

I worried about that too, but we had some pretty strong Santa Ana winds a while back and nothing moved.

Oops my bad on the 1 meter = 30 in. I was going in the wrong direction with my calculations. I'm too used to using metric (the FCC uses metric).

Is putting a 30" dish ok for windload.

Well I wouldn't use any cheap little wood screws, nothing smaller than say 4 inches and use at least 4 of them :)

I have a 90cm dish and a 75cm dish and as much as the wind blows here on top of the mountain (trees grow at an angle). I've never had a problem, the wind has up rooted trees and those dishes stayed put

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)