Will my possible setup work to add 129?

giddy169

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Ok I am probably getting a VIP622 receiver and I currently have a Quad DP LN on a Dish 500 for 110 and 119. Is it better to use an addition 18" dish with a DP dual Lnb or use my existing dish 500 and move my quad DP lnb over you the 119 position and add the DP dual lnb to the 110 position, then go to a DP34 to combine the three sats?

From there I would run it through a diplexer (connected to the rest of the in house wiring) where it would then run to another diplexer next to the receiver then a Dish pro plus seperator and to the dual sat inputs on the reciever.

Does this sound like it would work?

Thanks for your help!

Dont follow exactly what your trying to do. I assume you are asking about getting 129 for HD and you already have a dish 500 looking at 110, 119. If you are trying to get 110,119, and 129 on one dish you need a dish 1000. The reflector is different.

If you use a DP34 switch to combine the 3 birds you must run 2 lines to the 622. The DPP seperator will not work with a DP34 switch.

Use your dish 500 as its pointed, swap out the quad to a DPP twin and get a additional dish 300 with a DP dual for 129. The DP dual will hook into the DPP twin and provide 2 lines into the house that can be used with the seperator. A dish 1000.2 would also accomplish this with 3 lines into the house but using only one dish. You dont mention if you plan to keep more than the 622 receiver so this may or may not work for you.

Yes you are correct I currently have a dish 500 with quad DP lnb but I also have a legacy twin and single legacy and a dual legacy lnb and two left over 18" dishes. I was hoping I could just use my quad so then I could keep two additional recievers on the same lnb and only have to buy one new dual DP lnb and a DP34. I guess it would still work if I run two of the lines to the VIP 622 and two lines to my other receivers but I would use two dishes.

Yes the reason for this upgrade is basically for the additional HD channels.

I thought I had read somewhere someone was able to receive all three satellites with the Dish 500 dish by moving over the lnb but I must have misread it.

I am mainly trying to do this as cheap as possible and trying to utillize equipment that I alrady have.

If I am going to upgrade my dish what would be the best to upgrade to the 1000.2 or the 1000+ since dish is always adding new channels and sometimes new sats?

Also one of my other recievers is an old 2800, and my signal converter to DP equipment no longer works with it do you know if it will work with the new DP lnb without the the converter?

Thanks again!

Oh yeah I am in N. California (Eureka)

Last edited:
If I understand you right then you have 2 tuners now and are looking to add a 622 dual tuner. A DP quad would have enough lines but no way to get 129 using it alone. You could use a DPP 44 switch instead of a DP34 and get a DP dual, keeping your quad but that most likely is not the cheapest route and you need a 2nd dish for 129. I would get a DISH 1000.2. Good signal strength, 3 lines out, can use DPP seperator, and can add a 4th orbital any time. This is what I use, you can get one new with shipping on ebay for about $90. This is probually your cheapest and cleanest solution.

Thanks a lot that is probably what I will order. DO you know if my old 2800 receiver will work with the new 1000.2 lnb or if I need one of the adapters? Nevermind I just read that it does work with the legacy receivers(let me know if it doesn't though).

Thanks a lot.

Believe it should be fine. Not 100% sure but believe the 1000.2 works exactly like a DPP44 switch so it should work fine. Confused here, if you have a DP quad you should already have this adapter anyways?

Dish'n it up

I think your least expensive solution would be to use the Dish'n it up program. They will come out change the dish and lease you the 622.

DISH’n It Up Bonus offer valid for existing customers that have had DISH Network services for more than one year and participated in DISH’n It Up on/after February 1, 2007 – January 31, 2008. Eligible customers must have qualifying programming (DishFAMILY, America’s Top 100, America’s Top 200, America’s Top 250, America’s “Everything” Pak, DishLATINO, DishLATINO Plus, DishLatino Dos, DishLATINO Max, DishLATINO “Everything” Pak, ”Great Wall TV) at the time of participation in DISH’n It Up. No substitutions. Eligible customers will receive a one-time credit for each DISH’n It Up receiver upgraded (max of 2 per transaction).
Here's the URL foe you to look into it.
DISH Network -- FAQs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)