Will older Dish reciever work with superdish?

Noryn

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2004
Guys I have searched for an answer and havent been able to find one. If this is brought up all the time then my apologies, I know it is frustrating to see the same question.

I had a superdish along with the dual tuner recievers installed a little over 2 years ago. I was unhappy with the service so I took the recievers back and the company never came for the superdish or the switches.

I have an older reciever from when I was a customer back in 1999. It doenst have any buttons on the front I think perhaps it is the Legacy 1000. I tried to hook it up to the Dish cables tonight and when I checked all the satellites 61, 110 and 119 it had no signal. So my question is, is this reciever capable of recieving signals because of the switch the Superdish recieves?

I was interested in activating the family plan but I was wanting to just run to radio shack and buy a new reciever. It is hard for me to coordinate for installers because my wife has 3 german shepherds. Again any help would be much appreciated and sorry if this question is redundant.

You need a DishPro adapter or a DPP44 switch to use the legacy receiver with what you have now.

Thanks that is what I thought. However I did take the coax cables loose and try to test it indirectly but still recieved no signal. On the dp34 switch there are three cables going from the satellite lnb to the switch. I took each of these loose and hooked them one at a time into a duplexer and on the other side I attached the coax going directly to my reciever with no results.

I think this should have given me a signal unless the lnb has to have a newer reciever.

So I am almost sure I need that adaptor for the legacy to use the switch but do you still need the adaptor for the legacy to use the lnb on the dish?

Noryn said:
So I am almost sure I need that adaptor for the legacy to use the switch but do you still need the adaptor for the legacy to use the lnb on the dish?
Legacy receivers use voltage switching to choose polarity, either 12 or 18 volts. Legacy also uses 950-1450 Mhz for the downconverted freq. Dish Pro uses 18 volts and dosen't switch polaritys. Insread of switching polarity DP upconverts the polaritys so it uses 950-2150 Mhz. Instead of buying a DP adapter it would probably be cheaper to pickup a DP301 receiver to replace the 1000.:) :)