Will our SD picture quality come back?

Old Guy

Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
Lawton, Michigan
On my 622, a couple software updates ago, the PQ on standard def locals really changed. Live or recorded they all look poor. Everything else works perfectly. It just seems like the bandwidth has been reduced. I have watched HD for years, so this is not just a reaction to having HD clarity for the first time. Anybody else notice a change.

This most likely has to do with the bandwidth and compression being given to YOUR particular locals from E*. You could voice your complaint to them, but unless they get a lot of complaints, its probably not likely to change anything.

In recent months I have actually noticed an improvement in the quality of one SD channel: Sci Fi; but that is probably just a random thing.

On my 622, a couple software updates ago, the PQ on standard def locals really changed. Live or recorded they all look poor. Everything else works perfectly. It just seems like the bandwidth has been reduced. I have watched HD for years, so this is not just a reaction to having HD clarity for the first time. Anybody else notice a change.

Mine has the same issue. I can't even stand to look at the local SD channels. People probably don't notice them as they have a main source they look toward.

As for complaining about them, I really don't want to take the time to call in and complain, spending at least 30 minutes for the CSR to realize there is nothing that can be done, and then needing to "repoint" my dish. Thus I would need to take time off of work to fix the issue that I know won't be fixed. It's just much easier to change it to the OTA local.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)