Will Raising my antenna 8' help?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi All,
I have a 2 story house and my antenna (standard uhf/vhf with rotor) is on the garage, about 15' off the ground. With my DTV tuner I get most of the locals I should get, except one weak one. ....but rain hoses me.

Today I'm going to put it on top of the main house, raising it from 15' to probably 23' off the ground. Should I see some improvement?

If not, will going to a "committed" uhf antenna (no vhf wings on it) help noticeably?

Again, I get my locals ok, just trying to make the reception stronger and reliable.

Thanks,
Jerry

Well when it comes to standard antenna's the higher the better. Sat dish just need a clear view of the target.

It is not unusual fro OTA digital signals to exhibit "holes". there will be places where signal is very low and places nearby where signal is acceptable. If it's not too dangerous, mount your antenna on a 5-10 ft pole and walk around on the top of the house to find the optimum location.

It is not unusual fro OTA digital signals to exhibit "holes". there will be places where signal is very low and places nearby where signal is acceptable. If it's not too dangerous, mount your antenna on a 5-10 ft pole and walk around on the top of the house to find the optimum location.

I know wher there are a couple of properties, in the area where i live, where there is NO Signal for 4 stations that have towers less that 15 miles from it; BUT I could get VERY GOOD reception for a couple of stations from OVER 60 miles away!!!!!!!!! I found this out by walking the property with an antenna. I call it the BLACK HOLE EFFECT >>>> LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts