Will reocurring timers be corrected with time change?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
My dad asked me this today and I honestly didnt know.

Checking the programs he has set up as "series" timers they are all off by an hour right now. So as example CSI tomorrow shows as 10:00. It would actually be 9:00 here in the Central time zone.

Will the timers correct themselves tomorrow (after 2AM) or does he have to set them all back up?

By the way....I noticed on the guide it says 1, 1:30, 2, 2:30 etc whereas the Directv guide shows
1:00, 1:30, 1:00, 1:30, 2:00
1:00 & 1:30 are duplicated in there already

I don't know but I do know that in the decade I have had Dish, the timers have always, yes always been screwed by the switch to/from Daylight/Standard time. My experience has been that some work and some don't. For the first time ever, I am recording only "new" episodes, so in theory it should
record those without missing a beat but this is Dish after all.

osu I'm confused what you're saying
All of the timers that are set are "new only" series timers so right now everything in the timers are programs next week (1st show is tomorrow).....I guess we'll have to just check and redo if necessary ;)

I haven't had a problem with any timers after time changes (either direction) the past 3 years.

I've never had a problem, all programs have recorded as they should ever since I've had a DVR (? the 721, I think).

It's really just cosmetic. The guide is linear & since it can't fit 25 hours in a day or have 1 am & 1:30 am twice, it looks off by an hour. As soon as the time changes & then the receiver does its nightly reboot, all looks as it should. Same idea in the spring when Daylight Saving Time starts, the guide can't skip 1 am & 1:30 am.

It seems like we have one or two of these threads every time the time changes. Everything has worked fine each time, and no problems for anyone. You shouldn't worry.

osu I'm confused what you're saying
All of the timers that are set are "new only" series timers so right now everything in the timers are programs next week (1st show is tomorrow).....I guess we'll have to just check and redo if necessary ;)

Sorry, checking in during football games and checking reviews on new tv's (looking for another 65incher to replace the 46):clap I did not explain myself very well.

By new timers, I meant those timers that were just added to the system in the week leading up to the time change. These are the ones that usually screw up now, but from what I have seen it is usually only on new timers set to record once and mainly on our older 508's. As said earlier Dish has pretty much fixed this since the move to name based recording. I have never had any issues with this on my 722 or on the 522 and 625's we had previously.

Well judging by what I see, all the timers are set for an hour ahead of the current time, therefore during the switch, it will be correct. e.g. "The Office" that is on at 8pm Thursdays here, shows as being scheduled for 9pm currently, and when the time changes tonight, it should be set-back to 8pm.

I've been using DVRs for years with both cable and Dish and never lost a programmed recording, ever. As soon as the clocks change, the timing is correct.

The reason >>>

We have told our people not to use the weekly daily timers any more > use all, new, once, it solves all that , been told at the conventions as the old receivers are fitted out with new ones those old choices will be gone anyway !
icon7.gif

Will the timers correct themselves tomorrow (after 2AM) or does he have to set them all back up?
The timers don't change -- only the time of day changes. Absolutely no modification to the timers is required.

Historically, there have been some issues with programs that spanned the actual time change but I doubt that's a huge issue for most.

Arizona and no DST

The good part about Arizona not having DST is that the major networks continue to be broadcast at the same time before and after the changes. They are delayed by only one hour after original broadcast instead of two. The exception is events that are live, such as sports. The bad part is that non-broadcast programming airs an hour later in the fall. With my 508, many timers had to be reset. The 622 and 722 software seem to have solved all those issues.

It seems like we have one or two of these threads every time the time changes. Everything has worked fine each time, and no problems for anyone. You shouldn't worry.

It wasnt for me...it was for my dad. Like I say he asked yesterday when I was there fixing something else and I said I didnt know since the last time I had a DVR with Dish it was years ago and a 508 ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts