Will stations power up in 2009?

If you can get KTUL , which you probably can't since they are contouring the signal to protect KTEN's analog signal, you should be able to get KJRH next year, as KTUL is broadcasting with lesser power on VHF 10 right now. I think you will be ok with a decent vhf antenna once the analog stops and the stations stop having to contour their signals. The people south of OKC will finally be able to get KOCO once they stop protecting KSWO's analog signal in Lawton.

I'm getting KJRH right now just fine on UHF56. I have a Antennas Direct XG91 and it works great. I once managed to get channel 9 out of OKC with that antenna, but this was tropspheric luck. Still the XG91 pulled it off, since VHF9 is Hi VHF and the XG91 is UHF only. But I don't think it's gonna cut it in the long run once KJRH goes to CH8. That's why I ordered the YA-1713. They both will be connected to the CM7777 preamp. This setup is pretty much the best hardware out there. If that doesn't cut it, then I don't know what will.

And BTW, I did not know that 1000KW on UHF56 gets you just as far as 18KW on VHF8. I would have never thought that. That's incredible!

That's probably why we will continue to have VHF available for digital TV service after the transition. Most of the world moves to UHF only.

Love the new avatar! Black widow, maybe? ;)

The problem in Plano is that an antenna aimed at WBBM digital is also pointed directly at WWMT analog. The two channel 3 signals interfere with each other. Channel 3 actually travels over the horizon better than UHF.

Another possibility is that there is line noise near your house. To track down line noise, try listening to an unused AM frequency on the low end of the dial. (540-590 kHz) Line noise shows up as a loud buzz. The buzz usually gets louder close to a bad power pole.

Tons of power pole around here, old neighborhood. I can get Wbbm fairly acceptable 99% of the time. Prop is better at night, thats when people do their tv watchin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)