will the 301 receiver work with local channels

Iceberg said:
as for dishpro receivers, the link also confirmed its only the 301, 501, 508, 510 [that are not 8PSK]
What about the 111? I put it on the EKB chart IIRC on the assumption that all the x11 and x22 receivers had 8PSK. I was about to remove it based on a test result in a Pub thread of the 111 failing to see 8PSK transponders. Anyone else able to check?

What about the 111? I put it on the EKB chart IIRC on the assumption that all the x11 and x22 receivers had 8PSK.
BB you are vindicated. I plugged mine in for the 1st time in at least a year, ran the obligatory check switch, waited for the program download, and tested on various transponders on 61.5 using the Point Dish screen. No 8PSK transponder showed any signal whatsoever.

So, leaving no bases uncovered this time, I turned it off and waited for the firmware update. It downloaded the new firmware stating that I need a new smart card, but still let me get to the Point Dish screen, and voila. 8PSK transponders were there.

The post I put above with the receivers that cant see 8PSK came from a reliable source ;)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1939895-post10.html
You may recognize the quote in my question came from the very same post #10. :) Didn't know if maybe, given the earlier (now invalid) test result, we were seeing an error of omission of a rather forgettable receiver.
Iceberg that's circular reasoning!
But is it LH or RH?
BB you are vindicated.
Woohoo! It would have been an easy fix but it's one less thing to deal with.

Didn't know if maybe, given the earlier (now invalid) test result, we were seeing an error of omission of a rather forgettable receiver
Hey! It was not invalid, merely misleading because of gratuitously handicapped firmware. (In the same era, my 311 and 625 were doing just fine demodulating 8psk, so why did Dish disable that feature of the 111?) Anyhow, it has since been enabled; the hardware is obviously competent.

BTW - if anybody cares, the old and new 111 firmware uses the old signal strength meter. So much for standardization across all Dish receivers.

locals in HD?

marquette Michigan locals have just recently been added to dish.i'm wondering if they are available in hd.what receiver would i need?i don't care about PVR. Marquette is 8PSK .do all HD receivers see 8PSK?

THey are not in HD...they are SD only

actually they arent even in 8PSK but Dish has it set up in their systems that you need a 8PSK receiver for down the road

the 311 or 211 will work fine but any HD receiver except the 811 & 6000 (old models) will do 8PSK

Hey! It was not invalid, merely misleading because of gratuitously handicapped firmware. (In the same era, my 311 and 625 were doing just fine demodulating 8psk, so why did Dish disable that feature of the 111?) Anyhow, it has since been enabled; the hardware is obviously competent.
"Invalid" was not at all meant to be judgmental. Do you happen to know what software version your 111 had at the time of the first test, or maybe recall when you disconnected it?
marquette Michigan locals have just recently been added to dish.i'm wondering if they are available in hd.what receiver would i need?i don't care about PVR. Marquette is 8PSK .do all HD receivers see 8PSK?
Iceberg said:
the 311 or 211 will work fine but any HD receiver except the 811 & 6000 (old models) will do 8PSK
All of the x11 receivers do 8PSK. The 811 was retired from HD duty because it doesn't do MPEG-4. The 811 rebadged as a 381 would be a good choice because the ATSC tuner still works.

Do you happen to know what software version your 111 had at the time of the first test, or maybe recall when you disconnected it?
Sorry; I didn't check it since I really didn't expect a firmware update to enable 8PSK. I do remember when I disconnected it the last time. It was when E12 was going spotbeam and Digiblur was asking everybody for SS readings.

Yep verified today that the 311 will do 8PSK....or at least show a signal on a HD TP
the 301 will not...my dad has both at his house :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)