Will the 622 load the guide for off-air locals?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I have been considering getting a 622. I was told be a CSR that the 622 does not load the guide for off-air locals because it was made after Dish started offering HD locals. She said that, although they do not offer HD locals for my area, the receiver would not load the guide info for the off-air channels.

Is this true?

The csr's explanation is bunk. The 622 will give you ota info - BUT: you must subcribe to locals. However, you will not receive info for all channels primarily - the ones E* does not carry, most subchannels and a lot of areas do not get pbs even though E* offers those channels.

What happens in an area where you're outside of the DMA, therefore ineligible for locals, yet can pick them up over-the-air ??

I do not get Guide data for my 622 DTV OTA for

Two UPNS (I am about 30 miles from a 2nd DMA)

and

Two PBS HDs (again near a 2nd DMA).

Its so hard to watch anything these days with out Guide data, let alone record anything.

If Dish would just add a check box option so we could manualy Map these channels to the natioanal Guide data or a city that does have it, we would have it (they seem to carry about the same national feed).

What I do is view the locals on my tv which has a ATSC tuner with guide data and then set up manual timers on the VIP.

Not that easy but it saves me $60 a year!

foghorn2 said:
What I do is view the locals on my tv which has a ATSC tuner with guide data and then set up manual timers on the VIP.

Not that easy but it saves me $60 a year!

My tv does not have this function. I use titantv.com and use that to set manual timers. It's ok, but when they have the wrong listings. Oh BOY!

Guide Data for 622 provided by 811

I have a "HD Ready" TV (no OTA tuner) connected to 622 and deactivated 811 which I own. 811 is still connected to the dish through DP34 and gets me most of the guide data. 811 does not show guide data for PBS HD stations (this I like to have) and most sub-channels (I do not really care). Even if I pay $60 to Dish to subscribe to the local guide, they will not show guide for PBS-HD or sub channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts