Will the 922 work for what I want to do?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kenny537

Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
Chicago
I do not know much about this so please bear with me.

I am going to explain my situation to you guys and I hope you can let me know if a 922 will work for me, or if not, what would be an alternative solution.

I have moved out of my parents' house and on to the city for work (Chicago). My parents have DISH services. I now live 50 miles away from my parent's house. My new apartment building is on the 13th floor of a 50 floor building. If I want cable TV.. I have to use RCN (management rule). If I want satellite TV... good luck, because they don't allow any installs on the outside of the building.
I called a bunch of local Dish retailers to see if they will install the dish inside my room.. my windows face the right direction I believe (living room is south, bedroom southwest) - but they still won't do it. I was considering installing it myself but I have no idea what I'm doing.

So I think the 922 may possibly be an alternative solution. From my understanding - here is what it does. It allows you to access your dish service anywhere you go where there is a high speed connection. So this leads me to conclude that I can access my parent's Dish service 50 miles away, as long as I have high speed internet. Is this true? This will save me from paying RCN's horrible prices. My plan is to just purchase high speed internet via AT&T .. 6 mbps for 20$ a month with no contract.

If this is possible - I have a bunch of follow up questions:

- How much will all this cost?
- There are two TVs at my parent's house. I believe there is only one receiver though, so it is a dual receiver. So what happens when I introduce a 3rd TV, 50 miles away, via the 922. Do I need another receiver?

Thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts