Will the Dish 622 receiver send to component and HDMI simultaneously?

seandudley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Loudon, Tennessee
Hello,

Can someone please tell me if the component and HDMI ports on the Dish 622 receiver are active at the same time, or if I use the HDMI port, will it disable the component output?

Thanks.

Sean Dudley

I have my receiver set so I can see HDMI, Component, S-Video, Composite (TV1 & TV2) and RF simultaneously (on different equipment of course) It's a great feature to be able to send video to 6 different devices without the need for any splitters or distribution amps. :)

See ya
Tony

I have my receiver set so I can see HDMI, Component, S-Video, Composite (TV1 & TV2) and RF simultaneously (on different equipment of course) It's a great feature to be able to send video to 6 different devices without the need for any splitters or distribution amps. :)

See ya
Tony
Pardon my ignorance Tony but can I do the same thing if the HDTV has DVI instead of HDMI? I can use an HDMI to DVI converter cable but is there a way to get audio to it without stealing it from one of the other outputs? Can I use simple rca "Y" cables to split the audio out from either the component or composite without degrading the sound?

Pardon my ignorance Tony but can I do the same thing if the HDTV has DVI instead of HDMI? I can use an HDMI to DVI converter cable but is there a way to get audio to it without stealing it from one of the other outputs? Can I use simple rca "Y" cables to split the audio out from either the component or composite without degrading the sound?
Component, Composite and S-Video signals have no audio.

RF ("cableTV") F-connectors do have audio and video together.

Dish receivers have separate "RCA" (red and white) analog audio jacks as well as an "optical" (aka "Toslink") digital audio jack (the digital audio is much superior if you have an A/V receiver with a digital audio input).

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=3939

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)