Will there be a statement today???

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Do you think Cablevision will anounce Vooms survival or demise today? Are ya sick of the drama?

I much prefer waiting to see if Voom survives to a quick announcement of its demise. Relax they will make an announcement when its appropriate!

I posted this in another thread but perhaps this is a better one to ask. All the news reports this moring seem to drive an impression that no decision was reached by the board. Yes the spokewoman said yesterday that no annoucement would be "made on Monday." That doesn't leave out the possibility that a decision was reached and would be made today. I am not pushing for an annoucement. I would rather C. Dolan have all the ducks in a row first so their is no second guessing. Just wondered if I was missing something. The news reports seem to only be guessing that no decisions were reached. Is "blackout" still in effect? Are they going to be meeting today?

Sean and Scott, where are the Satelliteguys crack reporters in Florida? Have they checked out of their hotels? Where is the "real" inside dirt?

I flipped a coin and voted yes. I don't have a clue so just call me mushroomboy! BTW, where the heck are our beloved mods and staff members with breaking news on this issue. They have been noticeably quiet....too quiet.:rolleyes:

vurbano said:
Well at this point I think we will never see a DVR. too bad.

I heard a rumor that said the DVR was to be released on 3/28 and Voom was to shut down on the 3/31. :D

bryan27 said:
They better say something today. I woke up in a bad mood and am ready to rip someone a new a-hole.
Why do that?. Voomer's or Non Voomers. just relax. things will be better in the AM. I go by the Rule no New's is GOOD NEW's.

dlm10541 said:
I heard a rumor that said the DVR was to be released on 3/28 and Voom was to shut down on the 3/31. :D

That would make sense in light of their recent management practices.

kelljc said:
, " Don't think that way > keep the Faith "

You are right, people like him are too negative about Voom.

I am thinking the delay is good news.

I was hoping that Dolan sr. would take Voom private, away from CVC, and fund it from venture capitalists. That would preserve CVC as a cash cow for its mutual fund investors who don't want to ride a "risky venture."

But if Dolan sr. is now planning to keep CVC and Voom together (?), he has to deal with the potential shareholder law suits, etc. Plus he has to renegotiate the use of Rainbow 1 which probably was lost in the sale to E*. Lots of issues! My guess is they are crunching all the possibilities and working out a viable game plan.

If Voom were to be shut down, we would have heard that news yesterday. That would have been the easy decision. So, I see the delayed announcement as positive for Voom but requiring negotiations on several fronts.

Of course, this is all just IMHO.

1080iBeVuMin said:

(snip)

If Voom were to be shut down, we would have heard that news yesterday. That would have been the easy decision. So, I see the delayed announcement as positive for Voom but requiring negotiations on several fronts.

Do we know if there is a scheduled meeting today?

1080iBeVuMin said:

I was hoping that Dolan sr. would take Voom private, away from CVC, and fund it from venture capitalists. That would preserve CVC as a cash cow for its mutual fund investors who don't want to ride a "risky venture."

But if Dolan sr. is now planning to keep CVC and Voom together (?), he has to deal with the potential shareholder law suits, etc. Plus he has to renegotiate the use of Rainbow 1 which probably was lost in the sale to E*. Lots of issues! My guess is they are crunching all the possibilities and working out a viable game plan.

We have so many who Hope Voom Fails, on this Web Site, maybe more Voomer's Will have questions of those?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts