Will there be any new channels in Aug?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Harrelson 69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Will D* add any new channels in August? Any free previews? Any channels changing packages? I'm still waiting for them to add BET Jazz and HBO Comedy!

I am a new member who has been reading all this speculation about D*s alleged greatness and new developments, but our local D* suppliers have no info, equipment or schedule, so I'm betting most new developments are farther off than discussion here would indicate. We are maximum channel subscribers in a top twelve market and we have received no info about any upgrades, change in service or new channels.

Of course, with D* you can sometimes just wake up and find a new channel on your menu, can't you? I think no one knows except D*, and they ain't talking. With D*, the smart money always bets later, rather than sooner, I'm thinking.

There will always be the RSN's....

RSN = Regional Shopping Networks....

I don't think anything will be announced until Spaceway 2 is up and operational.

Why are you even asking? They just added channel 238 which is a 24-hour infomercial channel. Who needs more? I think you're being a little pushy here.

On AUG 1st, I believe that NWI will be no more, not a new channel, just different programming with a new name, AL GORE (part owner) and his buddies are calling it CURRENT, I think that is the name anyway...

I may be one of the 3 people who watch NWI, but I do like it. After reading about Current TV, I will be removing said channel from my favorites.

Thanks for nothing Al Gore.

arachide said:
I may be one of the 3 people who watch NWI, but I do like it. After reading about Current TV, I will be removing said channel from my favorites.

he gave us the interent... :eek:

Harrelson 69 said:
Will D* add any new channels in August? Any free previews? Any channels changing packages? I'm still waiting for them to add BET Jazz and HBO Comedy!
There is going to be at least 2 new channels added to the WorldDirect package.

3 more NWI-watchers over here.

If you read the statement at the CBC website, they've even offered to continue the NWI package for cable companies and D* -- and were told there already is enough news available. Phew!

Aside from the dumbed-down CNN, I figure on pushing for more video feeds from the Web. Gore's MTV-news channel might make money; but, I don't expect a lot of useful content being offered by do-it-yourself twerps with their digital video graduation present.

arachide said:
I am with you. I liked watching the news from different countries, and seeing how they view events of the day as opposed to US views. I especially like to watch the CBC broadcasts.

arachide said:
Wow!! Mr. Internet shows up again. I found it amusing when I went to their web site and looked at their "About" page and saw the types of programing that they plan to provide. The one item that caught my eye was "Current Lies". That tells me it is going to another political channel.

lou_do said:
I am with you. I liked watching the news from different countries, and seeing how they view events of the day as opposed to US views. I especially like to watch the CBC broadcasts.

Get StarChoice and stay in touch with the CBC Broadcast.

arachide said:

I'm one of the few others watching NWI. I've got no desire to watch Gore-Vision.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts