Will this 625/311 setup work???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bhlaws

Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
Monroe, NC
Can you please let me know if what I'm thinking of getting will work? My goal: use a two-tuner DVR (625) to record (and view), be able to view the DVR recordings on another TV, and allow the other TV to watch cable while the DVR is busy. So here's what I intend to do. Get a 625 DVR being fed 2 signals over a single co-ax. The TV2 output will be backfed through the single co-ax. That TV will be connected via svideo. At the other TV, have a standard 311 receiver. The cable will come in to the 311 via a single co-ax in the wall. The 311 will be connected via. svideo The cable will have a splitter, though, which will lead to the TV.

So, I will be able to watch either TV1 or TV2 (and playbacks) downstairs over the single svideo input. Upstairs, I will watch live cable via the svideo out of the 311. I can also watch DVR feeds from downstairs by going to channel 3 on the TV. So I will need the following: 625, 311, a splitter at the 625 to split to the two inputs, a splitter at the 311 to split to the 311 and to the back of the TV.

Does this sound correct? I noticed that the 311 has a cable/antenna input in addition to the satellite in. Would I use this for the DVR feed?

Thanks a ton!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts