Will this dual Vip622 install work for me?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Charlie Victor

Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
I’m in a Seattle suburb and would like to set up a dual ViP622 configuration. I can’t see 129 and 110/119 from the same dish location but I could put up two dishes. Can I point a “DP Plus Twin on a Dish 500” at 110/119 and a “DP Single on a Dish 300” at 129? Then connect the DP Single” to the “DP Plus Twin” LNB IN. Then connect one Vip622 to Port1 and the other Vip622 to Port 2 of the “DP Plus Twin” via a “DP Plus-Compatible Diplexer”.

I’d like to use a single cable to each of the two ViP622’s (two total cables).

Or do I need a DPP44 switch to do this?

Other options?

I’ll try to attach a drawing.

Thanks,

Charlie

Attachments

• DishNetwork.jpg
    DishNetwork.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 159
I think your configuration sounds OK but you shouldn't need the diplexers. Feed one of the outputs from the DPP Twin to each 622 receiver then use the "separator" that came with each receiver to split its cable to both tuner inputs. You shouldn't need the DPP44 switch unless you want to have more than those 2 receivers.

Welcome CV, BTW...!

Like bhelms said, you're good to go. You will use diplexers only if you want to add OTA signal from an antenna. I think you meant to say DPP Separator not “DP Plus-Compatible Diplexer”.

You would need the diplexers if your planning on having 4 tv's hooked up to the two 622's and want to keep the installation as clean as possible.

I did not realize the difference between a Separator and a Diplexer. I got it now. I'll be wiring the OTA signal from a different direction to the receivers so I'll just put it in its own cable. The wiring to TV2 is in a different direction as well so it will get its own cable.

Thanks for all the info. It's not as complicated as I first thought.

Charlie

I'm a first time visitor. I now have Dish standard definition and planning to move to HD with the 622 box. My house is very difficult in that I have 1 cable from the roof in place, to add more cables would require extensive drywall work. Can I use the exsisting single cable from the roof and use a splitter at the 622 box to feed the two tuners? Further can I connect to the second TV by comming out of the 622 TV2 terminals and connecting to an RF link such as the Radio Shack Audio/Video Sender (2.4Ghz). I believe TV2 from the 622 is standard def. I use these units today to get from my standard def box to a 2nd TV. The RF units take in video and audio(L,R).

17Dave,

Yes, your TV2 should work fine.

You can't use a "splitter" but instead a "separator" which comes with the 622 to feed both tuners. This requires either a DP+44 switch or a DP+Twin at the other end of the cable.

17Dave said:
I'm a first time visitor. I now have Dish standard definition and planning to move to HD with the 622 box. My house is very difficult in that I have 1 cable from the roof in place, to add more cables would require extensive drywall work. Can I use the exsisting single cable from the roof and use a splitter at the 622 box to feed the two tuners? Further can I connect to the second TV by comming out of the 622 TV2 terminals and connecting to an RF link such as the Radio Shack Audio/Video Sender (2.4Ghz). I believe TV2 from the 622 is standard def. I use these units today to get from my standard def box to a 2nd TV. The RF units take in video and audio(L,R).
Regarding the 622 single coax connection, what pepper said is correct, but you're stuck there - one receiver/2 tuners only. Any additional receiver(s) will require additional cable(s) from the roof and possibly a switch.

I also use a microwave transmitter/receiver pair to send my TV2 output to various other receiver locations in my house. I'm actually using units sold as "Leapfrog" from BB about 3 years ago - they were about $70 per pair if memory serves. You shouldn't see any difference vs. what you already experienced. Here's a thought - Get a second pair and have the second transmitter connected to the composite outs for TV1. Set it to a different frequency. That way if you have the 622 in the Single mode you can have different programs TV1 vs. TV2 and the 2 transmitters will send them independently. Then you can use your microwave receiver(s) set to either of the 2 active freqs. to watch one or the other program. I was doing that for several years when I had only 2 sat. receivers in different locations and 2 additional remote TVs...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts