Please reply by conversation.

ZoSo925

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
Sin City
http://7dust.net/images/DSC00574.JPG

http://7dust.net/images/DSC00575.JPG

My apartment will not allow me to mount on the roof, but the kicker is there are 15+ people in my development who have dishes on their roof but they have been living here before new management took over.

My apartment manager was pretty cool and said to go with a Tripod first and if there is a problem to go back and he'll speak with his supervisor. Im guessing there is a small chance I may be able to get it on the roof because my neighbor below originally had a Tripod that moved several times and is now on the roof and the office did not sign any paperwork authorizing it.

It never rains here in Las Vegas and once in a very rare occasion there are heavy gusts of wind but it's rare. I read that a signal strength of 70 is bare minimum.

I also have Sirius Satellite Radio on my window in my office that points east though. I get perfect signal, but I know Radio is different because it takes Local Repeaters also...but my radio gets full bars off the Satellite.

The picture is pointing towards the South East. If you zoom in you can kinda see the Palms and Mandalay Bay Hotel. LOL, my luck those 2 hotels block my signal and not the tree

Edit: Would I be using 110.0W DirecTV 5 | Echostar 10, 11 ??

If that is correct then that open patch is the right one and should be perfect

The picture is pointing towards the South East. If you zoom in you can kinda see the Palms and Mandalay Bay Hotel. LOL, my luck those 2 hotels block my signal and not the tree

Edit: Would I be using 110.0W DirecTV 5 | Echostar 10, 11 ??

If that is correct then that open patch is the right one and should be perfect

The primary DirecTV SD programming comes from the 101 orbital slot, with the 110 and 119 being used for some local markets and some international programming.

For HD, DirecTV programming comes from the 99 and 103 orbital slots, with the 101 being used for SD channels and guide data.

Depending upon how high the trees are, and what the elevation setting is for your area, I'm going to guess that the trees will be a problem. If not now, then next year - so it's unlikely you'll find a DirecTV installer willing to install it.

I wont guess. You'll get nothing from that balcony other than trouble and heartache.

Get a roof mount or ask your apartment to offer a shared dish with commercial swm feed. Its the law.

Yep, my bad. I thought if you couldnt get a signal from your exclusive use area that the building owner needed to provide a place where you could mount to get a signal or offer a shared dish. Looks like they dont.

With a pole saw I could knock a branch out of that tree and maybe get you DirecTV HD.:)

In the second picture is a dish in the distance, looks like that middle branch in the center needs to go...

My neighbor has Dish Network and not D*TV. If that darn tree was not there, but Pole Saw would be funny. That's a huge distance to try and cut it down. I do have one but even from the ground it's too high up and chances of hitting a car is great.

I canceled the appointment and will see what else can be done, wost comes to worst I'll wait till I get a house.

It's a bummer because the major reason I want D*TV is to get Smithsonian Channel, NASA TV and think Pentagon Channel. Been waiting several years to get them.

If one of those older neighbors are using DTV then try to play nice & use a multi switch off of one of their dishes. That building must go awfully high as it seems like even roof mounts would be shooting through those trees.

It's a bummer because the major reason I want D*TV is to get Smithsonian Channel, NASA TV and think Pentagon Channel. Been waiting several years to get them.
Sorry, but D* doesn't get the Pentagon Channel. I wish they would though, its offered free to any provider that wants it. If you want Pentagon Channel that bad, I'd get cable, I'm pretty sure they'll have it since there is an AFB there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)