Will this work for DPP44 switches

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shakti4u

Original poster
Oct 29, 2004
Let me know if this scenario works with a DPP44 switch and a X22 receiver

---- SAT 1 Recv
---DISH PRO Separator
Diplexer ---- SAT 2 Recv
-----------------------TV2 Out Recv
Switch- --------
Diplexer---------
TV2 --------

I am trying to get by with only 1 cable run from the room that has the 522 to the switch which is in the attic. TV2 is for illustration only that may feed into the inhouse distribution switch I have in the attic also
I will add the power inserter close to the Dish Pro Separator

Sorry the diagram looked good in the preview mode, wonder what happened it took all the spaces and tabs away during the post

anyways its Switch to Diplexer to Diplexor (Sat 1 & 2 separated by Separator)
+ the 522 reverse feed
At Switch diplexer I have the TV2 and the source Sat Signal

Yes, reverse diplexed feeds should work. Make sure the 522 works properly with the seprator before you introduce the diplexors into the mix.

I haven't tried it myself, but I'm told not to use a di-plexer set on input 1 which has the power inserter.

Jason

Correct - except when the power inserter is "closer" to the switch than the diplexers.

shakti4u: Make SURE you've got the right gear at the antenna/TV2out diplexer to prevent TV2 signal from being transmitted via your antenna.

Thank you all , so its technically possible to run just one feed back.
I'll try it over the weekend. This saves a lot of wiring to accomodate the X22 receiver attributes.
The possibilities are endless reading some other posts in this forum about combining cable and SAT, 2 TV2 outputs, video camera...etc

Regards
SK

Diplexing and signal loss

Does diplexing cause signal loss, i.e is the signal cut in half?
Since I have an 811 , i wanted to know if the hd broadcast would/could be compromised

SK

I've read that Diplexing does not reduce signal strength. But I'll defer to anyone with actual experience.

Actually there is insertion loss, but you would need test equipment to measure that loss. It's minimal.

Yeah, its the kind of loss which would not cause you to not get any channel which you were getting before. Its no where near "halfing" the signal.

I belive diplexing introuduces about a 3db loss to your uhf signal, which is pretty much the same loss as a regualar splitter. Not sure if it does to the satellite side, but it usually doesn't matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)