Will this work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
In theory, it should work. But I would imagine you would have to connect the DP21 switch AFTER the DPP44 switch; much like you would have to do if you connected a DP21 after the DP34. Consequently, that does do away with the "DPP" effect, and as such you would have to use several DP21 switches.

In theory, it should work. But I would imagine you would have to connect the DP21 switch AFTER the DPP44 switch; much like you would have to do if you connected a DP21 after the DP34. Consequently, that does do away with the "DPP" effect, and as such you would have to use several DP21 switches.
Out of curiousity, what type of receiver is the Bev 9200?

A dual tuner HD receiver.

So the advantange to feed such satellites into a single DPP44, would be to use a single cable to the 622 and a second cable to the 9200, if a DPP Twin was not available for the 82/91 combo. :)

EDIT: However, with the DP21, it would still require two cables to one of the receivers.

I think if you had just 4 birds connected to the DPP44, that it would work. I don't know if the 622 (in USA) would lock onto the 82/91 birds or not, but the 622 has room to display 6 birds.

My theory here, is that not all ports need to be active for either receiver. And if 119, 110, 129, and 91 were on Ports 1, 2, 3, and 4 respectively, then the 622 would only use Ports 1, 2, and 3; while the 9200 would use Port 4.:confused:

Maybe tomorrow, I'll shift my 129 to either 82 or 91 and see if it locks on and displays in the Check Switch screen. Too cold tonight, and the kids are watching TV.:D

Last edited:
Maybe tomorrow, I'll shift my 129 to either 82 or 91 and see if it locks on and displays in the Check Switch screen. Too cold tonight, and the kids are watching TV.:D

I would love to know your results if you end up trying it. I have plenty of switches to do this in another way but i'm building a new hose and want to put in a comm rack and space is limited. If this will work i can save alot of space in the rack

Here are the results of the first test.

I shifted my 129 to 91 and did a Check Switch. At first it did not recognize 91 and just showed an X; but going into the RESULTS screen, it did show it was receiving both Even and Odd transponders on Port 4.
Picture: Screen-01.jpg

I then took the 91 feed and put it onto Port 1 and then the Point Dish screen showed it was in fact pointed at BellVu Express 91 (or something like that).
NOTE: Unless otherwise directed by the receiver, the DPP44 will default to Port 1 for dish pointing/peaking.

I then put 91 back on Port 4, and cycled the power. Although the Point Dish Screen did not have a 91 as a selection for Dish Pointing, when I went into Check Switch, it showed 91 as Port 4.
Picture: Screen-02.jpg

I should have gone ahead and see if it would have attempted to download the program guide, show any PI/free channels, and most importantly - if it would cause interference with the normal programming. But I had to turn the programming back over to the family. :D
Maybe tonight I can try again and see what happens.

Attachments

• Screen-01.JPG
    Screen-01.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Screen-02.JPG
    Screen-02.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 133
Personally I would not mix Bev and E* on the same cable, there is the chance your E* receiver will some how download the bev code and make it basically a paperweight, or the bev receiver getting the E* code and doing the same.

Update:

I went ahead and put 91 on Port 4. I could not get the 622 to recognize/find the 91 sat.

But once I put it on Port 1, so that I had 91, 110, 121, & 119 on DPP44, and then cycled the power, it found it, so that I had 91, 110, 121, and 119 on the Check Switch screen. It also replaced the Point Dish satellites:
- - To: 61.5, 82, 91, 105, 110, 119, 121, 148

I downloaded the program guide, and ended up with no Dish programming, just Bev programming, but only the free stuff, including the Free Concert Channel.

When I put things back, including 119 on Port 1, then the receiver found the Dish channels. But the sat list on Point Screen did not immediately correct itself.

I was sitting around and started thinking that if it did download programming, there would probably be a conflict with channel numbers, and did not know if it would try to download multiple tables that would confuse it; so I went ahead and tried this a little while ago.

However, I still think it might work; but I don't think it would be worth it because it could confuse family members or visitors.:confused:

But if you put the Dish 622 using 119, 110, 129, and do a check switch without anything else, then it would find those and work. If it ever rebooted, I believe it would stay with Dish and just add a unused sat on Port 4 to the Check Switch screen.

Then if you disconnected the DPP44 inputs for 119, 110 & 129, and used the Bev 9200 with 91 on Port4, I think it would find it and remember it. When ever it reboots, I think it would still keep the correct info. But since Port 1 passes through, the Bev 9200 may find the 119 and have problems.

So I think I would just build a house with at least two cables from the comm rack to each location that you may want to put a sat receiver, and probably 3 or 4 cables to the main viewing area that would have both receivers. Then run 3 cables from the Dish 1000 to your DPP44 in the comm rack to feed Dish receivers, and then run two cables from a Dish 500/DPP Twin to the comm rack to feed upto 2 Bev receivers or upto 4 Bev tuners, or another switch if needed in the future.

Last edited:
Thanks for doing that SmityWhity that answered alot of questions I had. Stuff like this is why I read this site everyday. I think that the Bev reciever will ignore the Dish sats no matter what port they are on and the same with dish. Hopefully they will not download the others companies program guide and just ignore it. As far as the cables to each location that is no problem. The problem is that I am planning on mounting the switches in the rack and with the way I am planning on mounting them two switches will eat up alot of space.

Thanks again
Turd

Your welcome.

And I know when you complete the project, you'll let us know.

SW
A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

And from Simple Simon....
A little knowledge is dangerous.
:D

Very interesting have always wondered. I have done similar with a non-subed 301 just to play around but was afraid to try it on a sub'ed one.

once the E* software is loaded on the receiver it can't download the Bell Express software i tryed
with the bell Express Vu it only see some channel and some thing about entering a pin number

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts