Will Voom add your FSN

SonicRob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
I am a Voom customer and i know allot of people want there FSN channel but will Voom add it, i got my latest issue of DirectV Tv Guide and you know how many FSN channels they have. DirectV has 19 FSN channels and i think Voom will not Add all of them so we might not be happy about that just my two cents.

I live in Texas and would like to see my local FSN good luck to all of us and may we see are FSN soon. :D

Fsn

If you all don't know what FSN is it is your Local Fox Sports Network. :D

AHHH yes. And if VOOM did add FSN's right now more than half of the subs will complain that the PQ dropped again on the other channels and beg that VOOM not add channels until they can provide the proper bandwith. They may be right.

The bottom line is VOOM can't win this arguement either way until they have more capacity.

Yup I would be willing to be they would complaign, even though if they added them (the RSN's)the PQ on the other channels would not change at all since VOOM has bandwidth they are not using because of the upgrade to the harmonic encoders over the past few months../

I would like to see them added, even if they offer them as a $5 add on!

I think we will see ESPN2HD, RSN's and a few more channels before the end of the month! << keeping fingers crossed >>

Pricing and programming changes definitely coming

(All of the following presumes Voom survives beyond March.)

What we'll see is some sort of "Pack" rearrangement/pricing changes.

The RSNs are last in the expansion because the SportsPack (ESPN HD, FSC, TC, GC, Fuel) will become an extra charge. $10-$15 for this pack may be fair if it includes one's RSN and, say, ESPN 2 HD and Outdoor Channel HD. (And some more SD.) Those who want to pay, can.

You'll probably see the same thing happen to the MarqueePack (TNT, UHD, DHD). I suspect there's a channel add or four waiting to happen here. (Might get some SD too.) Tada: Voom will get both INHD and HDNet.

Fear of litigation will get INHD to play ball, who already has the slogan "The Hi-Def Experience" waiting to replace "Only on Cable." Voom's been pressuring them for a while.

And HDNet? Hasn't the Dolan-Cuban feud been with Jimmy? I found a Jan. 2004 quote from Chuck Dolan about Cuban that was pretty kind:

"It's not going to be the technological difference in their ability to deliver HD," said Charles Dolan. "It is going to be the content. We're happy with what Mark [Cuban] is doing to be moving heavily on the content side into HD." TVTechnology.com

So... the "packs" have always been listed as included in the basic $49.90 package "for a limited time." I think that is about to change, but programming will increase at the same time, so it will be tough to argue with. The $49.90 will be SD+Voom21, and there will be a new $39.90 limited SD tier, with a good (bad?) amount of SD moved to various "Packs."

The pricing will make VaVaVoom more attractive, and it may eventually (or immediately) rise to $99.90, still a good deal for everything you get. This, plus PPV, the DVR, and whole house, is a joint effort to not only increase subscribers, but increase our average bill.

who_the said:
(All of the following presumes Voom survives beyond March.)

What we'll see is some sort of "Pack" rearrangement/pricing changes.

The RSNs are last in the expansion because the SportsPack (ESPN HD, FSC, TC, GC, Fuel) will become an extra charge. $10-$15 for this pack may be fair if it includes one's RSN and, say, ESPN 2 HD and Outdoor Channel HD. (And some more SD.) Those who want to pay, can.

You'll probably see the same thing happen to the MarqueePack (TNT, UHD, DHD). I suspect there's a channel add or four waiting to happen here. (Might get some SD too.) Tada: Voom will get both INHD and HDNet.

Fear of litigation will get INHD to play ball, who already has the slogan "The Hi-Def Experience" waiting to replace "Only on Cable." Voom's been pressuring them for a while.

And HDNet? Hasn't the Dolan-Cuban feud been with Jimmy? I found a Jan. 2004 quote from Chuck Dolan about Cuban that was pretty kind:

"It's not going to be the technological difference in their ability to deliver HD," said Charles Dolan. "It is going to be the content. We're happy with what Mark [Cuban] is doing to be moving heavily on the content side into HD." TVTechnology.com

So... the "packs" have always been listed as included in the basic $49.90 package "for a limited time." I think that is about to change, but programming will increase at the same time, so it will be tough to argue with. The $49.90 will be SD+Voom21, and there will be a new $39.90 limited SD tier, with a good (bad?) amount of SD moved to various "Packs."

The pricing will make VaVaVoom more attractive, and it may eventually (or immediately) rise to $99.90, still a good deal for everything you get. This, plus PPV, the DVR, and whole house, is a joint effort to not only increase subscribers, but increase our average bill.
Where are you getting this information? A CSR?

Dishnetwork Charges $4.95 for RSN, but includes your local one + the OUTDOOR Channel at the base package. I would not mind paying extra for a good sports package for RSN in HD, OLN in HD and the OutDoorChannel 1 in SD and the OutdoorChannel 2 in HD, plus ESPN 1 & 2 in HD, FUEL, GOL-TV and some others. I think a sports tier makes sense.

Mid Movie Tier would be good, Starz TRUE, Mystery, Westerns, etc.., FOX Movies, Lifetime Movies...

HDnet/Movies + Inhd1 & 2 definatley worth 10.00 extra since dish offers tnt, espn, discovery, hdnet/movies for 10.00.

Bring on the programming and up the price to stay in business.... If VOOM gets Inhd1 &2, Hdnet/Movies, OLN-HD, OUTDOOR1-SD, OUTDOOR2-HD, RSNs HD say byebye to d* an E* except for NFL Ticket. If we don't get at least SD RSN's that will be bad because I then have to sign up for d* MLB Ticket and that would not be good. VOOM needs to knock the competition out. They need to be a sole provider to every household. When you have more than one provider, it is easier to drop and switch.

VOOM, one more little item. My stinky cable company has had an HD-DVR for 6 months now. Satellite companies are supposed to be ahead of cable. It will be extra revenue and you can then offer a service where you can rent movies like Netflix except beam them to the DVR's, more $$$$. Then there is the extra $5.00 month you can charge for STARZ EOD, HBO EOD, Cinemax EOD and SHowtime EOD another $20.00.

I predicted VOOM would eventually cost 150.00/month. With ALL the programming, DVR, EOD I think it will be right around that price. The kicker would be to challenge Netflix by just sending the movie to the DVR instead of renting DVD's, just like D* is doing with Starz EOD and E* plans on doing with the others in a few months except this would be for new releases. Pretty cool. The future is with VOOM Satellite, not Cablevision, D* or E* or any other cable company as long as there is someone with brains maning the helm this time.

BTW, I had to have my antenna tweaked and the installer said he was not going to spend a lot of time because he only get $35.00. He didn't get my one local in that I used to get. I asked him if he was going to charge VOOM and he said yes. I called VOOM and Installs Inc. and got him funed for $35.00 negating the charge to VOOM. Installs Inc, needs to stop bleeding VOOM to death.

solardee said:
Yes, according to this press release. MSG Network and FSN New York, hopefully both in HD. Also on the list are FSN New England, FSN Bay Area, and FSN Ohio. Sunshine Network (Sun Sports) is also on the list, but it's already on VOOM.

http://www.voom.com/util/press/press_01062005_1.shtml

VOOM will not succeed unless they add everyones RSN even if they have to raise prices. Right now I have three system in my house

1) VOOM
2) Cable or Inhd1 & 2 and Fox Sports Arizona
3) Direct TV for NFLT Ticket and HDnet/Movies

gutter said:
AHHH yes. And if VOOM did add FSN's right now more than half of the subs will complain that the PQ dropped again on the other channels and beg that VOOM not add channels until they can provide the proper bandwith. They may be right.

The bottom line is VOOM can't win this arguement either way until they have more capacity.
Don't care about pq for rsnd that much, just want to dump cable totally. I am willing to do this even without inhd1 & 2 but can't do it withouth Fox Sports Arizona.

VOOM just add the RSN's NOW, you are loosing not gaining more subs than you think.

i would pay extra for rsn but my local rsn is comcast sports net.
i have a question. on comcast digital cable they have comcast sports net and then when a game is going to be broadcast in hd they show the hd game on a diff channel can voom do this if they get the hd feed? the same as espn and espnhd does the same game but one in hd and one in sd.

I think a vast majority of us would like to have the RSN. I'm sure VOOM is trying to get these channels. However, as I mentioned elsewhere this depeneds on whether or not FOX will give them to VOOM at a reasonable price AND w/o restrictions to the package. In cband they were hooked onto a whole package that many didn't want instead of by themselves(the reverse was also true so if I wanted to get the other available digital channels I need to get the RSN too). I just hope they don't get hooked on the top package with VOOM.
Patrick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts