Will Voom ever be carried on DirecTV ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
Will voom ever come to directv? If you go to voom.com there is a place to contact if you would like to carry the voom channels. this got me thinking. is it just capacity problems? or is directv scared of hd? ;)

briansanders007 said:
Will voom ever come to directv? If you go to voom.com there is a place to contact if you would like to carry the voom channels. this got me thinking. is it just capacity problems? or is directv scared of hd? ;)
in a word NO

Perhaps when E* and D* merge... ;)

D* and E* can never merge, they've tried it once, havn't they? and the FTC put the big hand down and said "NO WAY" for some odd reason LOL monopolies are illegal now.

has the content of voom channels gotten better? I used to be a voom sub when it was actually a service and the picture quality was great. Content was a little repeated but it still looked good. has it gone down hill?

Never say never....but I wish Directv would carry the VOOm ch's. Voom isn't all bad...there some stuff that I watch on the ch's.

vinnyv07 said:
Never say never....but I wish Directv would carry the VOOm ch's. Voom isn't all bad...there some stuff that I watch on the ch's.

at this point I would take it...the current HD package is weak.

To add, Cablevision doesn't even carry one of the VOOM channels, yet they own them. Who knows if the VOOM channels will ever be carried outside of E* ever.

I went to DirecTV after Voom's demise and was hoping DirecTV would have picked it up. Over two years later and still as usual with DirecTV, nothing. :rolleyes:

Doctor Bob, do you really expect anything anytime soon? A merger is still questionable, not saying it couldn't happen, the FCC has been sending other mergers on through but unless another alternative is up and running or coming soon, I don't know. Now if IPTV takes off and offer even in the most rural of areas as well, I might can see it having a better chance of going through.

cablewithaview said:
I went to DirecTV after Voom's demise and was hoping DirecTV would have picked it up. Over two years later and still as usual with DirecTV, nothing. :rolleyes:

They are doing EXACTLY as their multi-year plan stated; build / launch the new birds, they are adding (on sched) HD LIL, and HD RSN, and AFTER the last of the new birds is up; THEN expect the national additions.

What is this NOTHING that you speak of?

They are doing exactly what the majority of their subs & prospective subs, say they want first. We can't get it all at once. Live sports and first run network programs at the start of the new season will beat the reoccurring / repetitive programming and niche channels any day. Once the sats are all up then at the "extra" niche stuff, but not first.

Last edited:
briansanders007 said:
Since Echostar (Dish Network) paid $200 million for the cable company that operates Voom, I doubt they will share with D*! After D* launches the next group of satellites in 2007, they will have plenty of HD programming. :)

http://www.dmwmedia.com/news/2005/0...-voom-hd-satellite-tv-service-for-200-million

What!! D* give us more HD...........Forget About It!!!
Not gonna happen
oh, maybe and I stress "maybe" in 2007 if and I stress "if" their so called new birds are up and running
WOW,,,never knew Dish had this much HD......impressive

Attachments

• dish-hd.gif
    dish-hd.gif
    37 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Its funny that the feds broke up ATT into the baby bells and now southwestern bell SBC has rebought all but one of them.

Now is the time for D* to make the move and retask the E* birds to give EVERYONE the best choice. I would pay extra to have that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts