Will Voom ever offer an HD only package?

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
I suspect most people get Voom for the HD content and already have other programming, via Satellite or cable? I surprised they don't offer an HD only programming package.

dont24,

welcome to the forum. They may or may not. No one knows. I am moving this news and development since it falls within the development forum.

Voom is my only programming, but I can see why an HD-only option would be a good plan. Might be really popular. Do any other providers give this option? Maybe it's just not a money-maker?

I would get voom the day they offer an HD only plan. I use Dish for all my channels and voom doesnt carry half the ones i want.

I think DarrellP gets Dish's HD pack only,and with cable,just get the box and lifeline service you at least get the HD locals(my step-father does this with Comcast,gets his HD locals,ESPN-HD,Discovery-HD but no InHD)

So an HD pack only will be:

21 exclusives + ESPNHD + DiscoveryHD + BravoHD + TNTHD...

How much are you willing to pay for such a package?

Then the question will be: will you be able to add the movie premium packages along the way or playboyHD?

Also is there a package with all the basic HD + HD premium movies +PlayboyHD?

How much are you willing to pay?

I'm already paying too much for programming as it is. :(
D* AE package plus the HD package
Comcast basic service, to get my HD locals + 4.95 to get the package that includes inHD1 and inHD2. I'm pretty sure you can get just trhe HD package from D* What would I pay for a Voom HD package? Good question. LIke I said, I'm paying way too much as it is.

Sean Mota said:
You can't get HD Pack by itself on D*. E* it is the only one that let you do that.
My mistake. The D*'s should have been E*'s. I have Dish now.

Sean Mota said:
So an HD pack only will be:

21 exclusives + ESPNHD + DiscoveryHD + BravoHD + TNTHD...

How much are you willing to pay for such a package?
Good question. A whole dollar? :shocked
Not enough?
How 'bout twenty-five bucks?

35 is kind of steep. Maybe if that included the rental of the box I would go for it in a minutes time. My bill comes out to 50 bucks a mth right now with the rental. If I could get rid of the useless STD ch's I would. I just want VOOm for HD.

$50-$60.00 with all the Voom Channels and the HD channels(ESPN,TNT,Discovery,etc)and the movie packs HD and SD channels(HBO Pack,Starz pack,etc)so then you don't have to buy them twice and then get cable or E* or D* for your SD channels,but the only way this could work is if they get HDNet,HDNet Movies and InHD 1 & 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts