Will we ever see Dish establish Original Programming?

I really really hate to say this but... Reality shows are really really cheap. :(

Yep. The "Cow flop steaming in the sun" should come under budget. Unless he subs it out to Hollywood.

;)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Judging by two Amazon Originals, "The After" and "Transparent" I hope they NEVER consider it. Two dogs to be sure, from Amazon, but still getting 4 stars out of 5 by reviewers. Reviewers with very low standards, it would seem. Dish could "dish" out the same, get the ratings on the pilots, and lose big bucks as most viewers could not STAND to sit thru the actual programming.

Judging by two Netflix Originals, "House Of Cards" and "Orange Is The New Black", I hope they DO consider it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because Charlie, the poker player, knows a bad bet.
Exactly - every TV show created is a bet. There's no guarantee it will be popular and more importantly, make money. Plus, who will buy it or will it only be available on Dish ? If only Dish, you're limited to their subscriber base and then, you can only expect a small percentage of those to possibly watch it.

I've heard those are real good (planning to start watching House of Cards myself), but how popular are they ? Netflix ain't saying....

House of cards is a really good show IMO.

It is apparently popular enough to have season 2.

I think it's more an infrastructure issue...DTV, Comcast, Time Warner all have assets or ownership tied to networks, studios, content producers, etc that have the resources to produce their own programming, Dish has no such ties.

Just look at the quality of Dish commercials. :eek: Now do you still want them to do original programming?

Since people are pointing out how Netflix has done it and been successful, remember, NF is just writing a check. Dish could do the same and hope it's profitable.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

House of Cards Season 1 is available from Redbox. Two discs so you can watch it all for a couple bucks.

Should have pinpointed, not on BD. Aside from that, add the unlikeliness that the average person is able to watch 6-7 hours within a 24-36 hours period.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)